corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Start up problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Start up problem
danward

User status: Offline
27th Apr 08 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its been doing this for months now and its only just occured to me that I could ask you guys for advice.

Basically, whenever I start the Corsa after it having been left for a few hours (mornings especially) it starts up and then idles at about 200rpm and then stalls - unless I give it some revs for about 10-20 seconds and then its starts idling fine at about 800-1000rpm.

Recently it has also started idling at 2000rpm when I dip the clutch for roundabouts and traffic lights...

Any advice is much appreciated.
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

27th Apr 08 at 09:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Idle control valve? heard they can cause problems like this

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
danward

27th Apr 08 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea I thought it may be this, but you never know really.

New Poll