corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » how to remove & refit new interior?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how to remove & refit new interior?
Mark.W

User status: Offline
27th Apr 08 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone got any tips or instructions on how to do it as i may be fitting the post 97 sport interior in my very soon.
Mark.W

27th Apr 08 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

??
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

27th Apr 08 at 22:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What interior? Just seats, or doorcards, carpet etc?
d128mat

27th Apr 08 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 pins on the back of the runners(front seats) ones start shaped and ones a hex key type, then tilt seat up and slide foward.

back seats - lower bit 2 screws under a plastic cap at the front then just pull it out..
back rest, tilt them forwardand you will see where they are fitted, i just prized them out with a screwdriver and out it came...

door cards -- unscrew the door pocket (bout 7 screws) then unsrew the handle(3screws) then unscrew the door card itself and it will come off..

back cards - just pullout, they are on stupid little clips, try not lose them as you need them fit the new one... hope it helps
sxibeast

28th Apr 08 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

watch out when taking off the front seats though (undoing the bolts at the back) as on my corsa the nut that was welded to the bottom of the car came undone and spun (had to drill it off in the end), and on my brothers car the head (the star bit inside) rounded off and had to drill out the rest!

take it slow and dont rush the front seat bolts
d128mat

28th Apr 08 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah make sure you use the right sized star piece or you WIL be needing a drill
Corsa_Quadz

28th Apr 08 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice tip sxibeast, fucked mine too!
Fro

28th Apr 08 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just leave the runners in the floor and unbolt the actual seat much easier, and they are normal socket sized bolts. make sure you put the red piece of plastic in the pre tensioner before you fuck about with the seat though or it might explode.
pow
Premium Member

28th Apr 08 at 10:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

T40 Socket needed to take the subframe bolts out. Dan and I found that eassier than taking the seats off the runners.

Just get a good T40 head (Halford Professional one - only £3) and a nice strong ratchet. Put some weight on the bolt and slowly undo it.
Mark.W

28th Apr 08 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers lads
Richardhhha

28th Apr 08 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lots of WD 40 as they are most prolly a little rusty..... just make sure you get the T40 on right or you will have problems rounding the bugger off

New Poll