corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help on manifold design?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help on manifold design?
chrisarmes

User status: Offline
   11th Jun 08 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi guys,

im currently helping a friend try and design a new inlet manifold for his car (focus rs) and i was struggling a bit on some technical knowlage

i just wondered if any of you guys have had any experiance or can give me any pointers...

the injector "bosses" that sit in each inlet pipe to the hea don the original inlet manifold are at 45 degrees, obviouly in the direction of flow.

for ease of manufacture i would like to put the injectors at 0 degrees, so they would be at right angles to the direction of flow.

as much as this would be better for me to manufacture, surely there must be a reason why they are at an angle to start with, or will i get away with it

many thanks guys

i appreciate every bit of your help!

chris
Torsa g

User status: Offline
11th Jun 08 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are better to run at the 45 degree as if they are at o degree they tend to spray on to the opposite side of the inlet which causes lag with the petrol and less flow and can sometimes after a long run the fuel will turn to liquid form and just dribble down the inlet instead of being atomized

New Poll