corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » wii fit

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author wii fit
Bart

User status: Offline
15th Jun 08 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who owns one? Is it worth buying?

I wouldnt expect it to work miricles, but for a fat, unhealthy, unflexible person such as myself, this video actually makes it look like it might do my poor body some good.
Ben G

15th Jun 08 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just go for a run. costs you nothing
drunkenfool

15th Jun 08 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or spend the money on membership at the swimming pool/gym. The main benefit of the wiifit that I can see, is keeping a track of your progress and then using that to motivate yourself, when you see the weight coming off, but there are other ways to do that aswell!
drunkenfool

15th Jun 08 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7KZLyxj55c&feature=related

bubble

16th Jun 08 at 01:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lad at my work lost 6 pounds in a week by using his wii fit board rather than playing red steel
R Lee

16th Jun 08 at 01:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by drunkenfool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7KZLyxj55c&feature=related

He has bigger bitch tits than me
morpheus22

16th Jun 08 at 01:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what does that fat lads t-shirt say i love ?. you can tell he made it himself lmao

[Edited on 16-06-2008 by morpheus22]
drunkenfool

16th Jun 08 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux
lad at my work lost 6 pounds in a week by using his wii fit board rather than playing red steel

If 1lb of fat is about 3,500 calories, that would mean he would have had to have burnt off 21,000 calories in a week from using the wiifit. Something isn't quite right there
DannyB
Premium Member

16th Jun 08 at 09:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ironic how people are buying video games to get fit.
Icy

16th Jun 08 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWPxENqTSpA

chris_uk
Premium Member

16th Jun 08 at 14:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i lost 4.5 stone in 6 months... i just ate my breakfast and walked all day (worked at morrisons) came home had a nap ate T and didnt eat after 9
ash_corsa

16th Jun 08 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
i lost 4.5 stone in 6 months... i just ate my breakfast and walked all day (worked at morrisons) came home had a nap ate T and didnt eat after 9

Eating late at night piles it on big time.
chris_uk
Premium Member

16th Jun 08 at 14:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i stopped eating after 7 but woke up in the midle of the night starving..
drunkenfool

16th Jun 08 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

wtf?! Its taken me 18 months to lose 2 1/2 stone, swimming between 160 and 200 lenghts a day, cutting out alcohol, pretty much cutting out carbs, eating 4/5 times a day with ONLY healthy meals etc.
RyanSxi

16th Jun 08 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

wtf?! Its taken me 18 months to lose 2 1/2 stone, swimming between 160 and 200 lenghts a day, cutting out alcohol, pretty much cutting out carbs, eating 4/5 times a day with ONLY healthy meals etc.

took me 8 weeks to loose 2 stone from eating helathish and excercising. was like 16 stone then though so fell off, getting harder now

Plus if you go to the gym etc your weight won't drop as much due to extra muscle
chris_uk
Premium Member

16th Jun 08 at 15:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

difference being is probably our start weight.

i weighed in at about 15.5 stone.. then i went to just below 11.. then ive put muscle back on. now im up to 12.5 / 13

you see when you dont eat you loose your muscle...
drunkenfool

16th Jun 08 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah my weight has stayed about the same now for the last 6 months, but i can see by compaing pics of me now to pics from 6 months ago that ive gained a fair bit of muscle and lost some more fat, so its all good
Russ

16th Jun 08 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i need to loose weight, and muscle up, im about 17

too much beer and not enough activity. wii fit is ace though, really keep you motivated.
drunkenfool

16th Jun 08 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guess at the end of the day it is better than nothing, at least it gets you off your arse when you play video games, but I dont really see it as an alternative to proper exercise. Any motivation to get fit though can only be seen as a positive thing!
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Jun 08 at 21:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watched an article on it the other day, there was a personal trainer on there saying it's a great alternative to a video game, and it also keeps track of where you're up to and can motivate you in to doing more exercise, which is good.

As said, a run is cheaper and there are probably more effective ways to exercise. I can't imagine running on the spot covers as many muscles.
chris_uk
Premium Member

16th Jun 08 at 22:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rowing machine for the win.
bubble

16th Jun 08 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

before and after pics?
dannymccann

17th Jun 08 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have lost about 2 stone in 2 months, im not quite sure why or how tbh. Just tipped 14st in April and im just tipping 12st now. As far as I can tell its because I have a) stopped eating as much fast food simply because money has been getting tight b) Ive stopped uni now so go to work more (Tesco physical work) c) Im biking further to work cos of moving house

I havent really upped my consciece (sp) exercise, and tbh my appetite seems to have wained as well recently, should think that has something to do with it too

Planning on getting a Wii simply because we like the games and controls and might invest in WiiFit...
chris_uk
Premium Member

17th Jun 08 at 13:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux
quote:

before and after pics?

i do have some somewhere..

ill try dig them out.
chris_uk
Premium Member

17th Jun 08 at 13:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me before (about 20)

me at 22

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll