corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » perforamnce for corsa 1.4 sport

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author perforamnce for corsa 1.4 sport
adam 1.4 sport

User status: Offline
5th Aug 08 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am looking for performance parts for my corsa 1.4 sport. So far i have. 4 into 2 into 1 four branch manifold. De cat cat back magnex exhaust system. pipercross induction kit and a eco tec valve. Would gsi 1.6 injectors fit in my car and would they give any perforamnce over standard injectors. also i have seen a manifold on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/corsa-tigra-barina-performance-inlet-manifold-20bhp_W0QQitemZ260269614585QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item260269614585&_trkparms=72%3A636%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318#ebayphotohosting
Pete_vxl

5th Aug 08 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

those are pretty good mods you already have, i have one of those inlets, not exact but similar and they do make a difference. i payed £140 delivered though. a guy sells them on here.

not to sure about the injectors
DAZ1985

5th Aug 08 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't bother with changing injectors.

Inlet manifold
luke85

5th Aug 08 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Injectors will lose you power because it will just run richer, what fuel pressure regulator have you got? An adjustable one will let the rolling road set up your fuelling for peak power
Rybo

5th Aug 08 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have just fitted one of those inlets that the lads on here sell to my mates 1.6 16valve and what a difference it made...buy one next bud
adam 1.4 sport

5th Aug 08 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What else do u think will be good performance wise then ?
Pete_vxl

5th Aug 08 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you get the inlet, your looking at cams and remap but on a 1.4 it seems a bit of a waste of your £. for what you pay you dont get alot of bhp, obv alot more than standard but even with all that you would 120bhp i think
neilb1

5th Aug 08 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have gsi injectors in mine and running on a
16xe chip it runs lumpy but ups your revs
moves alright to slow for me am looking for a inlet manifold now
but my engines tapping took an head other
week off my mates gsi and stuck that on i bent eight vavles not good lol i just think its a shame that i have all the brakes uprated to valver brakes and no speed !!!!
luke85

5th Aug 08 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After a new inlet manifold then you should get a unichip that can be mapped to your engine. I had a similar spec to yours and with a the unichip and inlet it made 127BHP
adam 1.4 sport

6th Aug 08 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well my mate is getting a vectra 1.6 so i wanna beat him. I will get one of the manifolds next and after that i might get fuel pressure regulator ???
luke85

6th Aug 08 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will probably beat a 1.6 vectra as you are. After the new inlet manifold you can either go the unichip route with higher rev limit which will work out quite expensive (cant remember off the top of my head but £400-£500) or a fuel pressure regulator and have that set up on the rolling road.

Just the regulator will give the tuners a crude way of adjusting the fuelling but is cheaper, the Unichip will make you more gains and more RPM
adam 1.4 sport

7th Aug 08 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea i do wanna get a unichips its just the cost thats stopping me. What about a lightend fly wheel. They give more acceleration dont they ?
adam 1.4 sport

8th Aug 08 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any one ?

New Poll