corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1litre 12 valve, head gasket ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1litre 12 valve, head gasket ?
Krammy

User status: Offline
6th Aug 08 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are these 1 litre 12 valve's common for head gaskets ? It's pinking it brains out now and then. It starts fine and idle's fine and doesn't overheat. Ive had new plugs and flushed the oil and changed the filter and hoyed it new airfilter not long ago ...

Also, i am sure they are all like this put the pedal has alot of 'free-play' before it revs - that sound normal ?

James_H

6th Aug 08 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do a head gasket test first, also very confused what you mean by 'free play'?
Krammy

6th Aug 08 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By free play i mean, you can push the pedal down abit before the revs pick up, like a 2 stage pedal. It's light to press then it get's the resistance it should have a little way down as you depress pedal ...
James_H

6th Aug 08 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you tried adjusting it at the throttle body? There should be a little clip, try adjusting it there see if it helps.
Krammy

6th Aug 08 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hjavent bothered touching it, i heard there were common for this, so ive consulted the people in the know. I will try that over weekend and see how it goes. Also think i will do a headgasket check too.

These beasty engine's are chain driven arent they ?
James_H

6th Aug 08 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cmmon for the pedal? mine doesnt do it, and neither has any corsa ive driven at work.

Yes they are chain driven, Beasts
Krammy

6th Aug 08 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive never driven a corsa and thought it was strange but ... shall see over w/end!

As your on the fast reply and knowledgable - How hard/long to change H/gasket and what not ?
Krammy

9th Aug 08 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, i adjust the litle horse shoe clip on the throttle and its spot on!

As for the head gasket ... well, 400 odd HC's, time to sort it out

New Poll