corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » brakes a bit 'loose'

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author brakes a bit 'loose'
moka

User status: Offline
8th Aug 08 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My brakes are a bit loose on my corsa b 1.0. I have to press down on the pedal a bit more than usual... this has been a gradual thing over the past 6 months and has happened before.

My handbrake also ahs to be pulled up much more than it used too.

If i pull the handbrake up slightly my brakes will be alot better so obviously something has just come loose? Could i fix this problem myself or is it a specalist job and should i take it too a garage... again.
luke85

8th Aug 08 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends how good you are with cars really, best to take the rear drums off because the brake shoes are probably worn and will need replacing, maybe need new drums too if they are very worn
supermike

10th Aug 08 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check pads and discs too, usually with further brake travel means worn pads/discs/shoes. Also bleed the brakes if your confident to do this

New Poll