corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » X14Xe Engine Pipes

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X14Xe Engine Pipes
graymathie

User status: Offline
30th Aug 08 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alrite guys I seem to just be having random problems with my car and i don't know whether or not they are serious lol. Anyway one of the pipes that come from the cam cover (correct me if im wrong) was still joined to the cover but wasn't joined to anything else like it had snapped off of what it was meant to be joined to. Car starts, runs, goes, sounds the same and not had any warning lights but i'd rather know if it was anything serious?

Heres a pic (Not my car but the engine looks the same) I've highlighted with a pink circle where the pipes are.

Any help is much appreciated,

Cheers

G.
James_H

30th Aug 08 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine just hangs down the side near the gearbox, should be ok, its just to let air/pressure out of the cam cover.
Craig P

30th Aug 08 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's also a Breather pipe which goes on one of those ends so it might be that,which has snapped off as i have, had 3 Corsa's and 2 had snapped.Does it look dirty/oily if so then it will no doubt be that, i presume.

There not much from Vauxhall £10 or so and not hard to fit either if it is that.

Hope that helps.
WMCMoo

30th Aug 08 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

correct me if im wrong but i have the same thing broken on mine,,

the one pipe connects to the inlet pipe near the throttle bodie

i was told that it can cause a little problem where the cars sucking air beyond the sensor cause the mixture of fuel and air to be funny ?

i may be talking shit lol

[Edited on 30-08-2008 by WMCMoo]
graymathie

30th Aug 08 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

C-R-A-I-G: Aye it looks a bit manky/greasy inside of it. Don't know where its supposed to join onto though, does sound like the same thing you described.

WMCMoo: I've got one of the custom inlet manifolds fitted on my car so it moves the throttlebody etc to the top left of the engine bay, so doubt its that.
WMCMoo

30th Aug 08 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah okie
luke85

31st Aug 08 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a breather pipe but its been left disconnected because you have a different inlet manifold, quite normal to do this. Stops all gunky oily shit going into the inlet

Edit: just seen thats not your engine, if you have a standard inlet then the pipe thats disconnected should go to the big black plastic pipe that comes from the air filter round the back of the engine to the throttle

[Edited on 31-08-2008 by luke85]
Craig P

31st Aug 08 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah,luke's right it just connects to another black pipe which goes around the back of your engine.

The pipe end should be near the coolant bottle somewhere though.

New Poll