corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Conversion kit required info

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Conversion kit required info
swill_omnibus

User status: Offline
10th Sep 08 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all,

Mainly for the current redtoppers out there.

My car atm is a X14XE with PAS and i wouldn't mind keeping it.

What conversion kit would i require?? As theres a few lmao

Cheers
Rybo

10th Sep 08 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chris astley (body type 2-it has an extra mount because your chassis leg is different being a PAS model) was what i used its priced competitevely and all fitted together a treat,you'd need either the early redtop with 'double v' bottom pulley and the PAS pump off that coupled with a PAS mount plate (also available from chris astley)(or another v belt style one should fit) or go the slight longer way round and get the redtop with the 'ribbed' alternator/PAS belt setup and swap the bottom pulley,alternator and PAS pump for the earlier one as above-i did this but it would of been easier had i first known to get an earlier engine

a lot of people on here binned their PAS if you do you just need to swap your rack for a non PAS one-easy enough to do when the engines out bud
luke85

11th Sep 08 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive never done one with the ribbed belt but with the double V belt setup its easy. Use the same type 2 body mounts and power steering pump bracket as rybo said.

For the feed to the pump I cut the metal pipe along the front of the car and used the flexible hose from the pump over it with a jubilee clip. The high pressure side you cant cut into but with some thought and slight bending you can get the corsa hydraulic pipe to screw into the top of the pump. Just keep an eye on the clearance around the elbow as you tighten the belt or you could snap it off, If you find the elbow is getting close get a smaller belt.

It will all become clear when you do it
swill_omnibus

11th Sep 08 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome guys cheers, ive kept this in my fav's incase i need to look again! lol

New Poll