corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » c20xe TURBO

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20xe TURBO
c20xe@live.co.uk

User status: Offline
16th Sep 08 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HI I'm new to the forum.

I have many Q's.

I don't know much about TURBO's as we haven't ever covered them at college. I don't know how to rebuild one or what to look for when looking at a second hand unit. I know about smooth bearings and oil feeds thats about it! I also don't know much about the redtop engine and what sort of abuse it can take. I know standard they are pritty bullet proof but what sort of abuse/power can the pistons/rods/crank/bigs and mains take?

Somebody told me about having my c20xe turbo'd instead of a new engine transplant.

Surely the C.R is far too high (im not sure what exaclty it is (X = 10-11.5:1) and i wouldn't be able to run anything over standard boost and would cams be ok?

I want more power but I want to keep the engine i have as its low mileage and i have £5k worth of vauxhall service history with it including new lifters etc.

Would this be worth trying or new eninge being a better option?

How much would a z20let cost? they are not easy to find.

Also 1 last thing - I just just replaced a Outer CV joint and didnt geta castle nut to go on the end! The thread is much more corse than the original so the old one wont do. The Cv joint is made by a company called shaft tech, it came with the car and i cannot find them anywhere. I need this Nut urgently can anyone help?

thanks.

[Edited on 16-09-2008 by c20xe@live.co.uk]
Ste L

16th Sep 08 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's cheaper too stick a let in, unless your gonna fully rebuild it, and are going for high power
Ellis

16th Sep 08 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, there was a lad in TV that decided to turbo his XE and it sounded like a horrible time he had...

His wallet was fucked afterwards aswell, throw in a LET for your wallets sake matey
Kevxx

16th Sep 08 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
Yep, there was a lad in TV that decided to turbo his XE and it sounded like a horrible time he had...

His wallet was fucked afterwards aswell, throw in a LET for your wallets sake matey

hahahaha thats the funniest post of the year

a let and saving money who you trying to fool!
Ellis

16th Sep 08 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kevxx
quote:

Cheaper putting a LET in than turbo'ing an XE you fucking wankstain, away you go
Dan A

16th Sep 08 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Kevxx
quote:

Cheaper putting a LET in than turbo'ing an XE you fucking wankstain, away you go

depends on what kind of power you would like
c20xe@live.co.uk

17th Sep 08 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

out of an xe around 220horses but i want something driveable at the same time lol
swill_omnibus

17th Sep 08 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about throttlebodies instead?
c20xe@live.co.uk

17th Sep 08 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yh cams and Tb's i had in mind. I emailed them at demontweeks and the bloke was very helpful,

He sent me a graph of c20xe with hotrod C.A.'s from piper and TB's with a flowed head producing 256bhp and 170lb/ft. The duration of BOTH the cams was over 300degrees with over .460"(12mm) of lift. The bloke sed this will be fine for road driving and i wouldn't need anything else????????
The car would be undrivable under 4k rpm though!!!
Could anyone tell me how the car would drive with this set up?
Surely i would need solid lifters and maybe evan double valve springs?

thanks

New Poll