corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Exhaust Problems!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Exhaust Problems!
DJ_SmokeyJoe

User status: Offline
   26th Nov 08 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Okay, I've only been driving for 2 weeks, but for 2 weeks, I've been driving a LOT.

I've got a 1.2 1999 Corsa B and all the engine is standard - apart from the drilled AirBox. However, I hit a speedbump a bit hard with 4 lads in the car the other night and now my exhaust is rattling and knocking against the rear beam.

I took the car to an STS garage and they had it up on the ramp and told me I will need a new back box as there is a split in my standard one!

What are my options?

Can I still drive the car?

And I would like to take this opportunity to upgrade to an aftermarket sports back box and maybe a centre section...

What would you guys recommend? Is this going to cost much?

Thanks very much, Joe.
Ellis

26th Nov 08 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just drive it for just now, not gonna cause any damage - just a bit of noise and perhaps an increase in fuel consumption...

Probably a good time to throw a stainless back box on if your box is shafted, that is if you're going down the modifying route
DJ_SmokeyJoe

26th Nov 08 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?product=3747987

Any good?

I can't afford much and I can't have it ridiculously loud!

Thanks!
DJ_SmokeyJoe

26th Nov 08 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Please, could anyone advise on this back box as I don't feel comfortable driving the car the way it is now!

Will it affect the reliability of the engine?

Thanks, Joe.
chris_gilly

26th Nov 08 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep that seems a very good box!...
what is your price range??

no you will not lose any reliability by fitting any box! just mke sure its fitted properlly and not leaking at the join! and it will be fine

[Edited on 26-11-2008 by chris_gilly]

New Poll