corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » o2 Broadband

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author o2 Broadband
VegasPhil
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Dec 08 at 11:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Started looking for a better deal on my current supplier a while back.

I was paying £24 pcm for my Tesco Finest broadband. 8mb connection, Wireless etc.

All very good, but I hadn't looked at the prices that bb had come down to. I was happy eith 8mb speed for me too.

I lashed a thread in here and someone mentioned that they were looking to change to o2. So I had a gander.

I got the 8mb unlimited, with free connection, router pack, McAfee Internet Security and a monthly subscription. The new security pack meant that I could uninstall my old crappy Norton Antivirus and has sorted out all the problems with my browser. That's impressed me already, as I was considering a new PC.

Finally the CD for installation etc is so goddam easy i'm pretty sure my Dad could do it.

Now for the best bit - The moneys!!

Tesco Broadband cost me £24 PCM, which equates to a massive £288 per annum. With the customer discount i'm now paying £7.34 a month which is £88 PA.

Add that to my sorted PC and better gaming on the Ps3. I now need to see what to spend my £200 saving on next December.... Cheers o2.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Joe

12th Dec 08 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need a new BB provider, currently with Virgin and its fucking dog shit. Keeps disconnecting me at the minute. O2 seem to be well recommended.
_Allan_

12th Dec 08 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

O2 is great, I wouldn't install the free Norton but that's a personal preference
N3CRO

12th Dec 08 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might've been my thread you 'lashed' Phil as I'm 99% sure about going on O2 next month.
Had enuff of BT and their mostly unusable service now.
Gonna shop around first before I decided on a new provider.
deano87

12th Dec 08 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does that include your BT line rental?! Or do you pay that anyway for your landline?! Seems very very cheap.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

12th Dec 08 at 17:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's hideously cheap for an unlimited tariff. Line rental is paid with the phone bill from parents, so nah!

Noble I don't think you'll regret it. I'm impressed, and usually i'm difficult to please.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Carl

12th Dec 08 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm opting for that, cancelled my virgin just waiting for nearer the time to order my o2, upto 16meg for a tenner iirc, better than 24 my virgin had crept back up to.
N3CRO

12th Dec 08 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I'm going for the 16mb package too if my line can take it. BT 'claim' my line can only take up to 512kb/s (HAHAHAHA, yeah right!) but on O2 website they say I should be able to get up to 17Mb so fingers crossed.
Kathryn W

12th Dec 08 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have o2 broadband 8meg.

Normally able to run internet and xbox online together with ease.

Have had a couple problems with it lately though with it cutting it out but seems to have sorted itself out now..

Well recommended with the price
N3CRO

13th Dec 08 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the main problem I have at the mo, that and the speed being up and down.
Toby
Premium Member

13th Dec 08 at 07:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just a few pointers for people wanting to swap - this prices only applies to people who are able to get cable BB if not the price is around 20 quid a month and 8meg is the faster you will get.
And o2 do limit peoples speed just like any other providered if they say unlimited this ios there way of controlling your downloading if you download as a heavy user they will cut your speed just like everyone else
N3CRO

13th Dec 08 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do we know whether we can get cable BB then?
John

13th Dec 08 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsab4ever is talking rubbish.

It's nothing to do with being in a cable area.

It's if your exhange is LLU or not, if you put your number in and it gives you the 16+ meg options you can get it.

If the exhange isn't LLU you can get normal 8meg for 17.50 I think it is.

o2 didn't have any limits at all at the start of the year but this could have changed by now.
_Allan_

13th Dec 08 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've hammered their connection in the first 2 months, at least 200GB of downloads. It's still as quick as day1 . If they do throttle, it can't be worse than BT's at peak time .

[Edited on 13-12-2008 by _Allan_]

New Poll