corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » engine identification and conversion info

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author engine identification and conversion info
te17

User status: Offline
10th Jan 09 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right long and short of it is i bought a v plate 1.4 16v corsa and cylinder number 4 melted its piston,,, i believe this is the c14xe engine (it carries secondary air injection on the exhaust and egr on the inlet manifold and cylinder head.

so i'm looking to replace it with an astra engine ive been holding, but i only have the engine and ancilleries and loom , no ecu ,

the astra engine has the other type of inlet kind of bends round so i believe this is the x16xe it also has egr on the inlet and secondary air injection on the exhaust,

so can i swap the lot on to the 1.6 head and block bolt it all in and then go find myself an ecu for a 1.6 with egr and matching transponder thanks in advance, as my baby xe knowledge is not great
te17

User status: Offline
11th Jan 09 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right a bit of info the 1.4 is a x14xe with no airflow metre and the 1.6 is a x16xe with no airflow metre , the 1.6 lower inlet has circular ports where as the 1.4 has oval so can i do as above and just use the block and head , ecu plugs are both red and both white

New Poll