corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » pulling back on my x14xe????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author pulling back on my x14xe????
hitmann_n9

User status: Offline
   11th Feb 09 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah on acceleration after i pull away my car pulls back but kicks in about 3000-3500 rpm, i wanna know the best way to fix this as my pull away aint fantastic and is costing me lsogin races at the lights and im a sore loser haha. but yeah is this a common thing for the 1.4 sport or is there something wrong????
eastend

11th Feb 09 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get your flame suit out
hitmann_n9

11th Feb 09 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha not funny, na seriously is there any real reason like isit normal for these engines or is sutim up, lol cuz anything before 3000rpm is shit it dont accel, i have to double clutch to bring the biting point back, lol
Kenzie

11th Feb 09 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You wont be having much from the lights in a 1400, especially if they know your after a play, unless you x14 is modified mate.

[Edited on 11-02-2009 by Kenzie]
hitmann_n9

11th Feb 09 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

na its standard obv im gonna mod it up but its just i dont think its normal for the car to not give its potential at 3000rpm isit?? or am i just over exagerating???
Kenzie

11th Feb 09 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You just have to rev them quite a bit before they pick they're feet up.
hitmann_n9

11th Feb 09 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you know the best things to put on my x14xe, and what bhp can i be pushing, but starting from cheap and cheerful bits to the big boy bits lol, so like from induction kits then getting to like throttle bodies..... whats ure best bet??????
Richardhhha

11th Feb 09 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

want a 14xe to go quick off the line (well fairly quick) you'll need aftermarket inlet manifold, ported head, higher lift cam's, lightened flywheel, good set of boots and 195 section tires. Oh and all important exhaust manifold, and arp rod bolts and a re map. Could do with a lsd to help keep traction.

Other things are take it to bogbros and get R1 carbs put on it that will help a lot.
neilb1

11th Feb 09 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

turbo it but not cheap on with mine mine has same probs as yours got my ported and polished head to go on . best place for valves and valves springs and them caps on to dont no what there called lol (were for cams aswell )

New Poll