corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Exhaust Condensation?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Exhaust Condensation?
cheater

User status: Offline
17th Apr 09 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi All,

Recently done a head job on my 1.4 corsa sport and was wandering how long it should be before all the condensation in the exhaust system blows or burns through?

Engine has been on idle for an hour tops in between start ups and its still steaming. I cant drive it because it isnt legal at the moment so wont risk getting nicked for a bit of a drive.

The steam isnt thick, just like its been started on a cold morning.

No crystal residue on exhaust tips, no coolant loss and no oil in water or water in oil.

It has got a rather large back box on it though which i think might have quite a lot of condensation in it since its been sat on the drive for 4 months!

Should i be worried or is it simply a lot of condensation in the exhaust and pipes?

Richardhhha

17th Apr 09 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its got any kind of exhaust on it the thing will have condensation permenently mat.. nothing will get rid of that, used to have a 14xe with cat back and it would do this for hours had it on my car for 2 years and every day till the day it got killed it was doing it..
cheater

17th Apr 09 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really? Im not too sure whether it has a decat on it too as i only recently bought it.

I will disregard it for now, but i thought it might eventually burn away but saying that it has been a bit of a colder day today so might be good as gold when the weather warms up a bit.

Anyone else who can talk from experience would be appreciated.

New Poll