corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » X16XE Running Problems - UPDATE Barely Runs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X16XE Running Problems - UPDATE Barely Runs
Adam C
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Apr 09 at 17:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A mate has just converted his 1.4 16v Corsa Sport to a 1.6 16v out of another Corsa Sport, hes fitted a mantzel replica inlet and a janspeed exhuast manifold to it aswell.

Basically whats happening is the following:

.In every gear when you put your foot down it doesnt pick up as well as it used to and it jolts too, like its missing.

.When you turn it on sometimes it cuts out straight away, and also does it when you go to slow down.

We have serviced the engine, with new filters, plugs and leads so have ruled that out.
Not too sure if the fuel pump needs changing to a 1.6 one as Im not too sure if its the same?
Otherwise we have no idea what it is, sensors? EGR Valve? ICV?

Any help appreciated.
Cheers

[Edited on 29-04-2009 by Green Thing]

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
DENHOLM666

27th Apr 09 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

posibly could b the feul pump not getting enuff feul threw to the engin or did you put new gaskits in when you changed the inlet
Adam C
Premium Member

27th Apr 09 at 18:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes fitted new gaskets which came with the kit.

And we have considered the fuel pump, just wanted to see if a few people agreed.

Sean-B

27th Apr 09 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you have still got the 1,4, swap some sensors over and see if that helps, have you done a paperclip test?
Adam C
Premium Member

27th Apr 09 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The EML is on pretty much all the time, so yea will be doing that asap

mattievRS

27th Apr 09 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

crank sensor and/or alternator pulley slipped on keyway.
barneykarl

27th Apr 09 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did he use a 1.6 ecu ?
eddiesport
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

28th Apr 09 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used the x14xe ecu on my car when the 1.6 engine was in ran fine just diddnt want to go over 120 n some times ran funny through some of the gears a key transponder/tranfuser is needed to run witht the ecu i think??? fueling problems maybe
eddie
tomo9992

28th Apr 09 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

suppose to use 1.6 ecu, or it will run lean. this could be your problem.
swill_omnibus

28th Apr 09 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the 1.4 and 1.6 ECU are different (mainly map) but try using the 1.6 loom and ECU as that could be it
Adam C
Premium Member

29th Apr 09 at 01:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He has replaced the ecu to the one of the 1.6 donor car along with all the transponder etc.

He kept the X14XE Loom, but thought it was exactly the same as a 1.6 loom anyway?

Whens hes free next we will be doing the paperclip test, and seeing if we can get ahold of a 1.6 fuel pump.

Have also been told that the timing belt could have slipped?

As the other night we drove it for abit and was juddering fook loads, then parked up for abit and when we went to start it it wouldnt start, just ticked over but it was like it wasn't getting any petrol.
We managed to bump start it but the car had near on no power and if you attempted to leave it on idle or slow down it would cut out.
Theres white smoke coming out the back even when the engines been warmed up and driven.

Is there anything else that needs looking at? Or is it a case that this engines had a hard life and is on its last legs?

Jonny.N

29th Apr 09 at 01:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine had similar problems and found out to be the cts sensor, maybe worth a try? only a few quid
pow
Premium Member

29th Apr 09 at 07:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd try changing the loom
dan-sport

29th Apr 09 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no point changing the loom because if the plugs fit the sensors its fine, im using the 1.4 loom and ecu on my 1.6 and its perfectly fine works the same as a 1.6 should

double check all your earths, check for air leaks around the new inlet and unplug your cts and start it up if no change unplug your map sensor and start it up, if once again no change continue doing this untill you see a change.

but if im totally honest i think its the airtemp sensor

Adam C
Premium Member

29th Apr 09 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Problem solved, checked the earths and turned out one was loose, so tightened it all up and goes like shit off a shovel

cheers dan-sport

dan-sport

29th Apr 09 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no probs mate

can you tell i've had a few of these engines break on me

New Poll