corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Glass panel balustrade, anyone installed one?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Glass panel balustrade, anyone installed one?
jrsteeve

User status: Offline
29th Apr 09 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The flat i'm buying has an upstairs area that looks over the living room and currently has a wooden balustrade thing, if thats what its called? Anyway i want to get rid of that and replace it with glass panels, ideally clear glass. I know it needs to be toughened and strong to support someone's weight but roughly what should i look for and is it a fairly easy installation for an average builder/joiner to do?

[Edited on 29-04-2009 by jrsteeve]
Simon

30th Apr 09 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you want glass panels only or glass panels between stainless steel posts and hand rail for example? You would have to run a fairly substantial bit of structure in the floor to support glass panels, glass weighs a lot more than timber posts and rails.
jrsteeve

30th Apr 09 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't mind either way really, but would prob prefer just glass. I've found a few sites that supply them but they don't get too technical. Cost wise its looking like the best part of a grand so may have to wait til after the new kitchen and bathroom.

New Poll