corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Gear Linkage Problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gear Linkage Problem
moka

User status: Offline
18th May 09 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cannot put my corsa b 1.0 into gears 5th and reverse. Ive had a look under the bonnet and can see that where the ball is on the gear linkage and it looks like something holding the ball onto the linkage is missing as there is alot of free play and it pops out of position if i try and put it into certain gears.

my questions are

1. how much to replace this plastic part at a garage?
2. could i pop this plastic part off another corsa at a breakers yard and fit it myself (or is it a sealed unit - ie.. the only way to take it off would be to break it)

any tips welcome!
john_c20xe

18th May 09 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

plastic part get from breakers, 30 second job to fit, clips on top of ball joint on plastic, open them up and pull off
moka

18th May 09 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate all i needed to know, is it more difficult to remove from a corsa with a bigger engine?
Ste
Premium Member

18th May 09 at 23:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try Vaux

GUIDE, ASSY., INTERMEDIATE SHIFT CONTROL

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
moka

24th May 09 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to scrappy saturday morning and found exactly what i wanted but couldnt get the damn thing off? I see the little clips you were talking about John but no matter how hard i tried, i could not pull them out? Do i have to remove the ball from the plastic before i can slot it out? Please help..
andyc1234

24th May 09 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a circlip on the plastic bit take that off then the linkage slides off the plastic bit then the plastic bit pops off
moka

24th May 09 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have tried pulling on the little clips with pliers but fail to get a decent leverage on them, the angles are so tight.
andyc1234

24th May 09 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye you need a set of external circlip pliers they fit in the little holes in them and open them up can sometimes flick them off with a small screwdriver
moka

24th May 09 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah ok cheers andy, makes sense. Annoying thing is i work all week, cant go down there until next saturday! oh well.
john_c20xe

25th May 09 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah i thought you just wanted the plastic rod,
moka

27th May 09 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just to let people know, i finally got it out using the circlip pliers no probs and with a bit of fiddling i got it fitted and its SPOT ON. thanks guys, saved me some cash this has!

Oh there was like a rubber ring round the lower half of the plastic bit... this was kinda half on half off... please someone tell me its not too important

New Poll