corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 106 gearbox - Diff fooked?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 106 gearbox - Diff fooked?
ChrisBoom

User status: Offline
21st May 09 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A couple of weeks ago, I thought my clutch had gone. It was slipping in 1st and 2nd, but fine in the higher gears. Eventually it was slipping in every gear, and nothing was happening. Was a stench of clutch too.

So, put a nice new valeo clutch on it. When the box was off, the diff seemed to be turning fine.

Got the shafts and wheels back on, turn one wheel, and the other one wouldnt turn like it usually would.

Also, when the car is on a hill, it wont hold itself there like it usually would in gear.

There was no nasty noises from the box at all, so I cant understand whats gone wrong? Can only guess the diff?

Fucking french shite
john_c20xe

21st May 09 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does it drive?

if yo turn one wheel one way the other shpuld go the other way is that wat u mean?
c20xecorsa

21st May 09 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just fooked my diff in my c20xe corsa sound like it done the same thing ur aving
ChrisBoom

21st May 09 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john_c20xe
does it drive?

if yo turn one wheel one way the other shpuld go the other way is that wat u mean?

Never even bothered filling it up with gearbox oil, just when it wasnt hold on the hill etc.

Yeah, thats what I mean.
Ste
Premium Member

21st May 09 at 23:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it a BE or MA box?

Either way, if you pull the shafts out to get to the clutch then you will lose your gearbox oil and if you haven't refilled it then you WILL damage it.

From memory it is 1.9L 75w80

(I just filled mine today)

Did you clean the clutch before you fitted it? It could be slipping. Have you done the stall test?

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
ChrisBoom

21st May 09 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I havent even started the car, ive only had it on a slight hill and it wouldnt hold itself, which is what it was doing before.
Ste
Premium Member

21st May 09 at 23:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it adjusted right? Mine is a hydraulic clutch but you may need to check the cable is adjusted and that you cleaned all the surfaces prior to reassembley.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
davieslim

21st May 09 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive gort a box here i believe its a diesal box, was bought to get fitted to a s2 rallye but the car got sold

davie
ChrisBoom

21st May 09 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a good point, will check the cable.

Everything was cleaned before the new clutch went in.

Davie, trying to avoid putting a diesel box box in as they have silly long ratios.
davieslim

22nd May 09 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no problem just thought id mention it since its lying gathering dust with the rest of the car lol

d

New Poll