corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Head gasket? and rear spring cups

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Head gasket? and rear spring cups
harrisp

User status: Offline
11th Jul 09 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking at buying a x16xe sport but its pressurising the coolant system and if you leave the lid on the expansion bottle it boils over but is fine without the lid on, so would I be right in saying that the headgasket has gone? Also will a MOT centre etc be able to but there exhaust gas tester in the water and give me a definite yes?
Do sports use stretch bolts for the hea, or can they be reused?

Also it needs welding on the rear spring cups, is it a difficult job (for someone who can weld) and whats the best way of doing it?
Luke

11th Jul 09 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It could be just an air lock in the water system. Get any garage to do a compression test & a sniff test & that will give you a definate answer if the head gasket has gone or not.
harrisp

11th Jul 09 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone know about the spring cups as they are the bit I cant do myself.

New Poll