corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » how much you recon for engine change???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how much you recon for engine change???
stingray1987

User status: Offline
11th Aug 09 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right basicly im having alot of trouble with me 1999 1.6 16v sport.
it got through 2 egr valves, both had shards of metal blocking them open.

so we blanked off the egr valve and yeah the engine light comes on but i can live with that.

the main problem im having is the engine seems to be putting out not even half what it should. its really slow but sometimes after switching off and back on it seems abit quicker but still not right and other times its slower than my old 1.2.

well 2 mechanics have told me they need to take the block apart to see where the shards of metal are coming form so i was thinking would it be cheaper to just swap the enigne for a reconditioned unit.
is there anywhere around stoke-on-trent that does this and how much would you have fort it would cost??

New Poll