corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » boot release solenoid

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author boot release solenoid
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Aug 09 at 15:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Righto smoothed my tailgate and have fitted a solenoid to open the boot only issue is i cant get it to run from the existing wiper motor loom.

any help info pics of how you have wired yours is appreciated

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Root

22nd Aug 09 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny W
Righto smoothed my tailgate and have fitted a solenoid to open the boot only issue is i cant get it to run from the existing wiper motor loom.

any help info pics of how you have wired yours is appreciated

I chopped all the loom that goes to the boot (mistake because of the rear window heater), then fed a wire through the boot grommit to the popper, along the roof lining of the passenger side, down the pillar and through the grommit into the engine bay, onto the battery. It was a perm live though so bare this in mind
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

23rd Aug 09 at 11:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers, so i've given up on the wiper motor idea.

so If i run a permanant live from the battery to the solenoid with a swith & inline fuse i shouldn't have any problems? correct? then erath it to the existing point on the tailgate.

any reccomendations on the guage of wire & size of fuse i should be using?

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
dean101287

23rd Aug 09 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put the switch on the earth, not the live so its switched earth the same way the central locking works. Fuse will depend on what wire you use. Doesnt have to be heavy duty wire.

[Edited on 23-08-2009 by dean101287]

New Poll