corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Braking issue

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Braking issue
glover3492

User status: Offline
   11th Oct 09 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im still having trouble with my brakes. I have replaced everything, pads, disks, shoes, pipes, master cylinder, servo the lot... An yet i'm still having trouble with it. The brake pedal gets firm when pumping it when ignition is not on, but as soon as engine is on, the pedal goes all soft and spongey...
Please can somebody suggest a fix for this as it is getting really frustrating and I need the car on the road!
Many thanks, Jac.
barneykarl

11th Oct 09 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you got air in the sysem you changed pipes how did you bleed the system after.
glover3492

11th Oct 09 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been bled countless times.. Using a bleed kit and pumping the brakes from each corner to the opposite as it says in manual...
barneykarl

11th Oct 09 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do the brakes actually work ie stop the car, try bleeding the old manual method a mate and a jar, the pedal going limp on start up is normal, I still think its air related, is this abs or non, I had lots of problems when I fitted v6 set up and after carfull bleeding and st/steel hoses got it sorted. start at the rear and work around finishing at master use dot 4 not 5 , other than that can,t think of anything else at the moment.
glover3492

11th Oct 09 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brakes stop the car, but need to be pressed to floor to work... Been bleeding it with a jar and my dad but having no luck. Non abs model. Been using dot 4 aswell. Hmm...
asrat

11th Oct 09 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you got the calipers mounted correctely i.e bleed nipples facing the right way
glover3492

11th Oct 09 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes lol
glover3492

12th Oct 09 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any ideas?
barneykarl

12th Oct 09 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would say master but you have changed that,are the shoes right up to the inside of the drum, the bleed kit used if its a air pressure one and you went a bit mad on pressure that could damage master seal, is servo connected up ok ,think there is some adjustment you can do on the rod part but not sure , bit of a mystery where you located.
glover3492

12th Oct 09 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Located in north wales. Shoes are tight up, bleed kit was just a jar an hose, servo's fine, yeah my dad said about the pedal adjustment thingy, but the servo was working excellent in the previous car we took it out of. Bit of a mystery really!
barneykarl

13th Oct 09 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To far to come and help you, try bleeding again then if no joy give it to a garage let them have the aggro.
glover3492

13th Oct 09 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could it possibly be a dodgy front bleed nipple? I dont want to give it a garage as its only a runabout an paid 200 for it, so imo its not worth it. My mechanic step brother can't seem to find anything either?
c20xecorsa

14th Oct 09 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine turned owt to b that tha piston got stuck so pres pedal to c if pistons move

New Poll