corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » nokia n96 flashing message problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author nokia n96 flashing message problem
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
26th Oct 09 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just got a 2nd hand nokia n96 off a mate for 50 quid. its got the text message icon in top right of screen flashing all the time. the phone works fine, there are no messages saved on the sim, phone memory or mass memory and yet it still is flashing. what can i do?
Dom

26th Oct 09 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Usually it means that there are texts on your sim (delete them via Menu > Messaging > Options > Sim Messages) or voicemail. But if you have nothing of value on the phone, do a factory reset (dial *#7780# and then enter the security code which is 12345 by default).
If you're with O2 it could also be a push message, i get it on my SE and you have to trawl through the internet settings to delete it, but i can't remember how you access internet/push messages on the N96.
Nic Barnes

26th Oct 09 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers, ive sorted it. what i was doing wrong was going to mesages, settings, use sim memory for texts and deleting from there. did it like you said before and its gone. id never noticed that options - sim messages earlier

nice one thanks
Nic Barnes

26th Oct 09 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing i wonder is though, howcome i never had this problem on any other n95 ive had? weird. the sim messages must have been there from years ago judging by what they say. random.

New Poll