corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa B cracked B pillars

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B cracked B pillars
DanCorsaBVan

User status: Offline
5th Dec 09 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi giys, i know its common on the older corsa's and i had it welded for m.o.t but its just cracked again so i know i need a plate behind it but is it just as simple as taking trim off on inside and welding a plate to back of it? Dont suppose anyone got any pictures?

Also how much do u think this should cost ? On both sides ... Just so i dont get raped at a bodyshop...

Cheers guys
c20letandy1988

6th Dec 09 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your really bothered about keeping your corsa and you have expensive bits on it id personally look for a new shell in same colour and swap parts all over as ive done it 5 times now lol
DanCorsaBVan

6th Dec 09 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

asif that bad!? well i avent got expensive parts on it really only the suspension and stereo so thats no biggy but the engine only done 41k and was hoping a c20xe in it in the future... you not think this is the shell to use even ifi do get plates welded in and stuff?
fillmecca

6th Dec 09 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take back door card off and weld the crack up,weld a bigish plate over that (to stop it cracking agen),on out side weld crack up, grined till its smooth,bit of filler if needed,primer paint ect job done! did that to my mates corsa 2years ago and its bin ok eva sins.

if yours shells mint and on low miles keep it and do as i just said tbh as your only reshell and that one will try to crack.

hope that some help mate oh yer and if you no good with welding and painting any GOOD bodey shop will sort it for you.
Kevxx

6th Dec 09 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by c20xeandy1988
if your really bothered about keeping your corsa and you have expensive bits on it id personally look for a new shell in same colour and swap parts all over as ive done it 5 times now lol

thats the most rediculous reply i've read :/

I dunno, if it's a case of stripping back you're piller plastic, just fucking do it..and see!
Go to a bodyshop and tell them you want a plate welded, either way..youre gonna find out.
fillmecca

6th Dec 09 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kevxx
quote:
Originally posted by c20xeandy1988

thats the most rediculous reply i've read :/

I dunno, if it's a case of stripping back you're piller plastic, just fucking do it..and see!
Go to a bodyshop and tell them you want a plate welded, either way..youre gonna find out.

X2 try it your self and if to gose worng take it to bodey shop
DanCorsaBVan

6th Dec 09 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

itl be a body shop ive never welded anything and me taking the trim off the rear and lookin at the back of the pillar wont tell me if thts all tht needs doing thats all i wondered i am going to go get a few quotes from bodyshops... so wondered if u guys knew roughly ow much it should cost with paint or out? 50 quid a pillar? cheers anyways guys
fillmecca

6th Dec 09 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wud try find a mate that can weld tbh that way you no its bin done right and then get bodey stop to paint it(be cheaper ) or i wud say no more then £80 a side for for bodey shop to do all work.
DanCorsaBVan

6th Dec 09 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok then cheers
Root

7th Dec 09 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck reshelling all the time. They may be old cars but not all of them crack. mine's starting to...but i figure, getting a professional bodyshop to sort it out and make it last an extra 6 years or whatever is better than having to reshell, all the effort to swap things around, tax, mot, then risk that one beginning to crack
gsirep

7th Dec 09 at 07:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 07-12-2009 by gsirep]
DanCorsaBVan

7th Dec 09 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ye cheers guys ill get round body shops for a few quotes
RichR
Premium Member

7th Dec 09 at 14:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had mine welded from behind; 8/9 years on and 60,000 miles its still as good as it was back when it was repaired
DanCorsaBVan

7th Dec 09 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok cheers sounds good, u get it all respsrayed up propperly and all that ye? is your car lowered ?, just cos that aparently makes it more likely to happen or happen again because of more strain on the chassis?
fillmecca

7th Dec 09 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DanCorsaBVan
ok cheers sounds good, u get it all respsrayed up propperly and all that ye? is your car lowered ?, just cos that aparently makes it more likely to happen or happen again because of more strain on the chassis?

ones a big plate is welded in back it will be fine pal
Root

7th Dec 09 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one question, when you get behind the pillar wielded, how will that stop the FRONT of the pillar from cracking? and how do you repair the front once its cracked? thanks
daine
Premium Member

8th Dec 09 at 00:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only way they can weld it from behind is to take off the quarter panel, new quarters come with a reinforced plate already on, vauxhall body shop repair was to MIG it, grind it back, take the interior panel off, drill a 3/4 hole and pump with resin, let set, fill and paint out side. (henleys of rotherham).

New Poll