corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Making a Will ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Making a Will ?
Tommy

User status: Offline
18th Jan 10 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone done one and if so did u goto a solicitors or i have seen you can create one online
16vKarlos

18th Jan 10 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would also like to know this.

Where do e start.. im only young but i have dependants and want to know that they will be alright when im gone. lol

karlos
Colin

18th Jan 10 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Solicitor advised me to do one when I bought the last house but I never did. I think everything will go to my partner if I die by default which is fine by me.
Limecat
Banned

18th Jan 10 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Solicitor advised me to do one when I bought the last house but I never did. I think everything will go to my partner if I die by default which is fine by me.

I'm gonna bump you off and knob your bird!
deano87

18th Jan 10 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watch out for Lasting Attorney of Power, or something like that. It was on a The One Show.

Basically, a womans husband was knocked over by a bus. He was then in a coma for 3 years. She presumed that because she was the next of kind in the will, she'd be able to get at money etc to help her live, as he was the breadwinner.

Turns out that because he wasn't dead, she couldn't access anything or do anything on his behalf.

He then died 3 years after being in a coma and she could get money etc.

She said, horribly, that she would have been better of emotionally if he died i.e. not having the stress of dealing with lawyers.
Conway563

18th Jan 10 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a will writing kit from the post office a couple of years ago but never got round to doing anything with it.
Really need to get round to writing it
Tommy

18th Jan 10 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now i got a house i need to make sure my mrs will be ok
Toby
Premium Member

20th Jan 10 at 12:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin

What if you both go?

Thing with me if we both went her Dad would be able to claim 50% - and tbh hes a complete wanker so he aint having a penny. I got one knocked up when i bought my house.
J da Silva

21st Jan 10 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and my girlfriend have mirrored wills, the family solicitor only charged us £45 (mates rates), usually £100 for a normal will with 3 changes, or £150 for mirrored ones with 5 changes.

If I go, the life insurance will pay my girlfriend, as we have no mortgage because we own our home outright and the properties we rent out are all ours so she could do with slipping some rat poison in my coffee or something.

New Poll