corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » changing front springs - HELP!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author changing front springs - HELP!
BUCKETHEAD

User status: Offline
10th Feb 10 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi bit of a daft question this but i cant find anyone else who has asked it so here goes! bought some lowering springs for my corsa and have change the rears no problem,my question is with regards the front springs,ive taken the standard strut apart and removed the old spring and placed in the new spring,am i right to think it just sits loose if you like in the std strut and the weight of the car keeps the spring located in the strut? just seems weird it wont tighten down enough to secure it. help much appreciated thanks
gidged500
Premium Member

10th Feb 10 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The front strut should tighten down and compress the spring you'll need some spring compressors on the spring to compress them and then tighten the top mount with a buzz gun best taking them to a garage though
maxlee

10th Feb 10 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also depends on how short the new lowing springs are as some times they don't need to be compressed any chance you can post sum pics.. thought i see a how to guide on here if not i am fitting springs to my corsa when the arive i'll haply do one

[Edited on 10-02-2010 by maxlee]
scottyp1989

11th Feb 10 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the weight of the car will keep it in place mate, you can either try and tighten the top nut up whilst the shock is off the car but TBH its a hell of a lot easier on as the weight of the car helps to keep it in place
maxlee

11th Feb 10 at 01:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=205259 knew i see one

New Poll