corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Windows Mobile 7 Phones

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Windows Mobile 7 Phones
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
16th Feb 10 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like Microsoft might hit the nail on the head with this one!

http://www.windowsphone7series.com/
PaulW

16th Feb 10 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Service Unavailable

Pretty much sums it up...

Too little too late IMO...
Robbo

16th Feb 10 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not available til late this year anyway
John

16th Feb 10 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how can it be too little too late? They've addressed the old win mo being completely crap in today's smartphone market and rewritten it from scratch. You are so anti- microsoft blinkered you are worse than apple fan boys paulw.

They'll need to show more before we see how good it really is but it's a good start.
BlueCorsa

17th Feb 10 at 07:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The big question is, does it have flash? lol
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

17th Feb 10 at 08:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont think my 6.1 is that bad

its not as smooth running as an i phone but i can do a lot more

im gonna get the htc obsession when it comes out
PaulW

17th Feb 10 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
how can it be too little too late? They've addressed the old win mo being completely crap in today's smartphone market and rewritten it from scratch. You are so anti- microsoft blinkered you are worse than apple fan boys paulw.

They'll need to show more before we see how good it really is but it's a good start.

Not at all John... My current mobile runs wimno6.1, I still use Win7 but only for dev work and such, I just choose to run *nix as my primary OS due to its flexibility and various other factors I can't be arsed going into (this thread isn't about fanboyism as you so aptly put it, more a critical opinion on the current state of Smartphone's).

Current incarnations of Winmo I find are sluggish, the whole UI is pretty much unintuitive (even Winmo 6.5 is just a re-hashed front end, and still, if not more so sluggish under pressure) Various other niggles and grief with it, and it just feels dated. Only reason I run it is I need to run a few apps which aren't ported elsewhere.

Yeah credit where its due, the whole thing did need a complete rewrite, the old OS was pretty bloated in comparison, and it would be interesting to see this new one hands on, but the fact is the current WM7 preview will not run any older apps written for WM6.x, WM5, etc... So nothing will work unless its completely re-written for the new OS. Can you see all the devs being happy about this? I can't... So from the word go, app support and availability will be limited unless MS do add in support to run older WM apps on the new OS. There is no official stance or word from MS in regards to this, it may change, it may not, who knows, but I really doubt they will add support for it as they want something "new"

Will WM7 get them an increase on the current 9% of the SmartPhone OS Share? Who knows... They can but try, but I just don't think it will be "as big" as they hope.

At the moment the only phone OS's which are capable of doing what I want, are WM6.1, and Android... And Android is where I shall be going when I get my new mobile, but as for what handset, or when, I have no idea...
XSIHardy

20th Feb 10 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never used a android phone before whats so special about them ?
adiohead

20th Feb 10 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i still have windows mobile 5

New Poll