corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » hesitant

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author hesitant
peggsie

User status: Offline
3rd Mar 10 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my car is very hesitant wen you go to accelerate there is no sound of a miss fire from the engine its just slightly noticeble wen driving it, it was fine till monday and then did it a couple of times now its more frequant, i'm thinking it could have somehting to do with either fuel pump or fuel filter not too sure any help would be much appreciated its a x14 xe
peggsie

4th Mar 10 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bin messing about with car all day and have relised only does this wen its at normal running temperature which is about 90o
stingray1987

4th Mar 10 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it could be a number of things to be hounest. first off id give it a service. new oil,oil filter,fuel filter,air filter and spark plugs. also check all the tiny little vacume pipes that go all round the engine bay as if one of them has come loose or one of the rubber bends they conect to has a split in it that would also slow it down abit.

after that if its still doing it you need to clean the 2 snesors that are on the throttlebody down the right hand side of the enigne. (you will need to take off the water tank, top half of the inlet and battery to get to the sensors.

if still not that try cleaning the sensor in the plastic ducting right by your airbox.

if you still have the problem after that then id take it the garage as all the other sensors it might be can not be cleaned they would have to be replaced and you do not want to replace them unless you know they are playing up.
peggsie

4th Mar 10 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive replaced the fuel filter and seem better its just had plugs n leads 2month back and i'm taking it in to college on monday so i can change the oil n filters as its easy to do it on the ramp than lay on a floor then i'll try the others, cheers for that

New Poll