corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » URGENT!! Paypal SCAM help required

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author URGENT!! Paypal SCAM help required
corsaaa_16v

User status: Offline
24th Mar 10 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Morning all

Hoping someone can help me out here, heres the story:

I was selling an Alpine IDA X001 head unit and bluetooth kit on ebay. A couple of days into the auction, a buyer emailed me asking if I had a "buy it now" price. After a few emails backwards and forwards, we agreed to the sale at £200. The buyer asked me to sell the item 1st class postage and paid for the item. I removed the item from ebay, concluded the sale and sent the item.

One week later, i received an email from the buyer saying he hadnt received the item. Strange, I explained when it had been sent, which post office I used, how much it cost, etc. A few more days passed and the buyer set up a dispute on paypal claiming he hadnt received the item.

Paypal then requested my side of the story and proof of postage. I explained that the item had been sent via 1st class royal mail postage and therefore did not have a tracking number, etc but I had a receipt (proof of postage) and provided them with all the details on the receipt.

After about 10 days, I was astonished to find out that they had awarded the dispute in favour of the buyer!! I have made a complaint to paypal and the royal mail and attempted to appeal the decision but apparently, I need a tracking number to appeal the decision which I obviously dont have.

Now I have no way of checking whether the buyer received the item but am 95% sure he has and that he has worked the system to his favour.

Now £200 has been removed from my account and refunded to him so my paypal accoutn is now on minus £200 and they are threatening to send collection agents round if I dont pay the money.

Can anyone tell me where I stand, what I can do or who I can speak to or claim off to get my money back as I am obviously £200 out of pocket now with the threat of debt collectors coming round.

Thanks in advance
Dan
Premium Member

24th Mar 10 at 10:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh, i dont think there is much you can do. Any item with a value of £39 or more should not be sent via first class delivery, unless its recorded and insured for more.

I think* it is the seller who is to ensure the item is dispatched using the correct postal method, the buyer emailling you and saying send it 1st class is not acceptable i belive.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Daveskater
Premium Member

24th Mar 10 at 13:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They should have asked at the post office what the value of it was. Like Dan said, if it's worth more than £39 then it has to be sent recorded.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
noshua

24th Mar 10 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've been screwed over. Alarm bells should have started ringing as soon as he asked for it to be first class and not signed for or RMSD.

As said, not a lot you can so.

I know of a few people who have claimed an item hasn't been delivered if they haven't had to sign for it.
Fro

24th Mar 10 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate I had the exact same thing and I used recorded delivery which showed it had been delivered and they still sent the money back to them and threatened me with bailiffs.

If the persons address is not a registered one you have next to no hope going down the paypal route.
Rob_Quads

24th Mar 10 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have to be very careful - Only send to the registered adress and also make sure its recorded/registered.
If you send to a different adress then its much harder to get anything out of them.
Cavey

24th Mar 10 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even signed for is pretty much pointless.

If you're using the Post Office to send £200 worth you should always use Special Delivery.

I always use Parcels2go to send anything nowadays

I got caught out a few years back, sent a DVD recorder, guy claimed he hadn't recieved it, so I lost out on £250ish on it. Learnt my lesson tho!
oceansoul

24th Mar 10 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have the guys address. Go pay him a visit with some large mates.
Dan
Premium Member

24th Mar 10 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is really your only option tbh

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
adiohead

24th Mar 10 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it might not even be a scam. could have actually been lost in the post.

you've got two options:

a) you've lost £200 and learnt not to send 1st class
b) you can pay the guy a visit and request your money back.

New Poll