corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Stereo not working anymore - help!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Stereo not working anymore - help!
Billy Dean

User status: Offline
3rd Apr 10 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a Sony x-plode head unit (sorry, don't know the model no.!) and it used to work sweet.
Now it only works when the key is on the first or second turn. When I turn the engine on fully the stereo doesn't work!?

I don't know if this info helps, but I noticed this happened after my battery went flat and I had to bump start it up again.
Root

4th Apr 10 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First thing, I will say is check the wires are intact.

Second thing, it sounds like your ignition switch on your cd player is broken, try attaching the red and yellow wires together in the middle. Just carefully splice both wires then join then together with solder and electrical tape.

Best of luck, let me know if it fixes your problem
adz_gsi

5th Apr 10 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said mate try wires to the h/unit first then the wires in the cars harness if your not sure may need to ask someone local. Where you based
Billy Dean

16th Apr 10 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you say check that "wires are intact" do you mean to say that they may have frayed over time, and/or they may have popped out of their connections?
Thanks.
8vcorsa

16th Apr 10 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you tryed the fuse at the back of it
jibjob

17th Apr 10 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take your ignition cowling off round the steering wheel, start your car, push the black plastic at the end of the ignition barrel (opposite end to where the key goes in), try and push it more into the barrel, if your headunit comes on just zip tie the black plastic tight to your barrel as thats what happened to mine and thats how i fixed it.

New Poll