corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » head gasket

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author head gasket
dunitmull

User status: Offline
9th Apr 10 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

head gaskets gone on my 1.0 litre 12v
apparently they are a right pain in the arse to change, because of timing belts etc.
what are my options? is it financially viable to fix? do i need a new engine? anyone got one they fancy selling?
if i were to upgrade to a 1.4 is the wiring/exhaust different?

any help greatly appreciated.
scottyp1989

9th Apr 10 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are timing chains on a 12v, and yes, exhaust and wiring is different on a 1.4
pteflint

9th Apr 10 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need the head gasket plus the gasket that encloses the timing chain and they a pain if not sealed properly you wont have any oil pressure matey, garage probs charge around 300
arizona ste

12th Apr 10 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your best bet if you need it in a hurry is the same engine as you ahve everything you need to put a new engine it if you do a convertion you need everything to convert it unless you get everything that you need to convert

New Poll