corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Just fitted TB's but its running rich :(

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just fitted TB's but its running rich :(
Corsa_Quadz

4th May 10 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right fitted my TB's on saturday... Its a 1.6 16v (X16XE)

They are CBR 1100 Blackbird ITB's mounted on a standard cut down manifold thats been welded etc.

Im using the original fuel rail, injectors etc but have scrapped the ICV and TPS for the time being until i can find a wiring diagram for the TPS...

I worried that i have plumbed the vacuum hoses in wrong

Each bank has an outlet for vacuum on it and the 2 middle ones (2&3) have 2 outlets each.

I have connected the MAP sensor to the 4 outlets and the FPR to the 2 extra ones that have been t-pieced to go to the rocker cover and to the other vacuum module that bolted to the side of manifold...

Now could it be running rich because its reading to much pressure on the MAP sensor? Or not getting enough pressure for the FPR??

Im stumped as i would have thought it would run lean if anything as there is more air entering the engine.

Also the Lambda should be picking up that the mixture is rich and change the injector pulsing??

Any info would be great
Corsa_Quadz

4th May 10 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres how they are connected

Stu_22

User status: Offline
4th May 10 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some proper engine management I guess would help
philip2

5th May 10 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wont be able to get it too run right without management, not a chance. Get some standalone.
RCoughtrie

5th May 10 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

running standard FPR ?

New Poll