corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Hosting (New account on cPanel WHM Reseller)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hosting (New account on cPanel WHM Reseller)
Dom

User status: Offline
26th May 10 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A few weeks back my brother purchased a linux reseller account from vooservers and i'm wanting to create a few accounts and point my domains (1&1 are the registrars, so 3rd party) to that host.

What i've currently done set up my domains with the nameservers of reseller account (so not using vooservers nameservers but the ones that are given to the reseller account - so ns1.(primaryDomain).co.uk/ns2.(primaryDomain).co.uk etc). Then once DNS's updated with the nameservers (cPanel WHM wouldn't allow me to create an account until they pointed to the host, which i thought was a bit werid) i created an account on cPanel WHM - so the domain was listen-to.me.uk, username, password, email account, set up the settings for the account (bandwidth limit, space, number of email accounts etc), set the DNS to use the primary Domain and set the mail (MX record) to use the local mail exchange.

Account created and showed up under cPanel fine. Using the IP address i can login to FTP and view the site (http://IP/~accountName). However trying to view the site via the domain (listen-to.me.uk) results in a 'server not found' error. I've left it 24hrs and it's still the same.

DNS Zone Settings -

Anyone know what i'm doing wrong?
Whittie

26th May 10 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://img2.pict.com/2e/cc/6d/3557266/0/webhost2520manager25202520server.png
http://img2.pict.com/64/2d/1a/3557262/0/webhost2520manager25202520server.png

You have the same layout?

My nameservers are "ns2104.dizinc.com
ns2105.dizinc.com" Yours should come up when creating an account... i'm assuming details are right?

Have you completely deleted the nameserver set to the domain, and put your new ones in?

As for your MX Entry, delete the old record and set the priority 1, and then your IP for exchange.

http://www.listen-to.me.uk/cpanel It doesn't even load cpanel. When i create accounts it usually takes around 36 hours. I'm assuming you've waited the period?

Are you 100% sure the domain and all details are correct?

[Edited on 26-05-2010 by Whittie]
Dom

26th May 10 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup the WHM panel is the same, except i don't have the Account Resources panel.

I left the nameservers to the default, ns1.mecg.co.uk and ns2.mecg.co.uk, and this is what i set the domain name to point to which propagated a few days back and WHOIS records confirm this.
The account was created about 18hrs ago, after the domain proagated a day before or so, do i have to wait 'til the host gets it arse in gear?

And shouldn't the MX record be left to the default if i'm wanting to use the mail server on the host?
Whittie

26th May 10 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I set up http://damp-pro.com/ a few hours ago and that's up and working already. Changed namservers for it on fasthosts domain control panel...

1&1 are slow from experience, usually change nameservers at night time, by morning they're usually altered. Re-enter them on 1&1, save them over the originals. Should speed things up.

I mis-read your original post on the mx record, thought you were using microsoft exchange.
Dom

26th May 10 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'll have another go and reset the nameservers on the domain at 1&1 and see how goes. And yes 1&1 are slow, come 1/2pm HTTP errors pop up all over the show! Cheap for domains but it's why i don't host with them
Whittie

26th May 10 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Says they have changed on the whois...
Dom

26th May 10 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WHM panel didn't allow me to create an account for that domain until i pointed the domain (nameservers) to that hosting.
So i changed the domain's nameservers a few days ago, left it to propagate (checked via WHOIS), then created an accout under the WHM panel about 18hrs ago (as i said i can access the account via the temp ip address etc). But it's dead as a dodo (server not found errors) when you try the domain name.

So the domain seems to point in the right place but it can't see the account i created on the WHM panel. Yet the DNS zone records (piccy in original post) look correct
Whittie

26th May 10 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the domain correct? I noticed a full stop on the domain at the end, i'm guessing that's not your doing, and is just a generic full stop?

I'd personally delete it off WHM and start a fresh. If your nameservers have now changed, you shouldn't be waiting for anything.

Weird that the panel didn't allow you to create an account untill you've pointed domains towards you... i've type the wrong url in before, and it still let me make an account....
Dom

26th May 10 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK, well i've re-entered the nameservers in the 1&1 DNS settings and will let that go through. IF that doesn't work i'll recreated the account and try again. Then i think it'll be an email to vooservers.

And i did notice the full stop, but it isn't my doing, WHM placed it there itself
Whittie

26th May 10 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strange, it's not there on any of mine...

I'd personally re-create the account, you wouldn't be losing time as you're not waiting on anything now.

I've even thought about the .me.uk domain not being allowed, but thats just silly!

Give your hosting people an email and see what they can do if the account recreation doesn't work.

Good luck

[Edited on 26-05-2010 by Whittie]
Sam
Premium Member

27th May 10 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems a bit slow to me, but loads up a page with a picture of some headphones.

Is that what is meant to be shown, Dom?
Dom

27th May 10 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for some reason it didn't want to know using the reseller accounts nameservers, works fine using vooservers though
And yeah it's just a holding page until i work out what to do with it

New Poll