corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » fitted 4-2-1 and problems:(

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fitted 4-2-1 and problems:(
Generation

User status: Offline
16th Jul 10 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jyst fitted 4-2-1 first of all smoked quite abit(good chance that was just water), and now when i give throttle a tap, it revs up, but on way back down make a hollow scratchy kind of souns, and have abit of liquid coming form exhaust(which may be condensation as not driven for 2 weeks)
Generation

16th Jul 10 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok scratchy noise has gone, still a little smoke, I guess may be paint burning off the block?
the difference is amazing!
Generation

16th Jul 10 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now scrapes on everything, even on certain parts of normal road:/ 60 front 100mm back
Linch

16th Jul 10 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is this on a 20xe or a 16xe ect?
Generation

16th Jul 10 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

16xe mate, still ahve a really bad rattle though, just went for a drive, no idea what it is mate said may of dropped a nut in it, i did loose a bolt..
shaunmods
Premium Member

16th Jul 10 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you sure its a 4-2-1 mate and not a 4-1 style one? Reason I ask is I've not seen a 4-2-1 sportex before.

When I first fitted my raceland manifold I had a really bad metallic rattle. It turned out to be the join where it meets the cat wasnt 100% right. I took it back off, refitted it again making sure it was all sound and it was fine after Might be worth getting the car up in the air so you can try and listen for where its coming from.
Generation

16th Jul 10 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry yeah, 4-1 was looking at so many got confused its this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350372863789&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

What you just described Shaun sounds exctly like it.
Do you ahve clearnece problems in your car, as seems quite low literally scraping everything:/
Rob-e91

16th Jul 10 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got exactly the same issue with scrapping mate im not sure what to do either really as i dont want to lift my suspension! only thing i think i can do is have a custom one made
Generation

16th Jul 10 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm raising mine to 40mm front, I'm not ruining a manifold, and raising back to 70mm
shaunmods
Premium Member

17th Jul 10 at 09:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Do you have clearnece problems in your car, as seems quite low literally scraping everything:/

Big clearance problems yes The actual manifold on mine is fine but it makes the cat sit stupidly low to the floor. Scrapes over literally every speed bump and it was catching on the road coming out of pvs lol. Also sloped drive ways are a big no no now as well...all part of the fun eh lol.

[Edited on 17-07-2010 by shaunmods]
djgritt
Premium Member

17th Jul 10 at 09:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a Sportex 4-1, no clearance issues (40mm lowering on mine)

As for the rattling - strongly agree with the above - a blow at the Cat joint - mine is doing it due to the Cat not mating up very well (saying that, it didn't mate up to the GM Downpipe before very well either and blew then too)
cjohnson

17th Jul 10 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 4-1 sportex scrapes everywhere! Its all part of the fun in having a low car lmao. and the scratchy noise you say, mine does it, I just thought it was rasp coming from it cause it's breathing easier! Sounds good I think, each to their own though mate!
JaffaTB

17th Jul 10 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fitting mine during the week sometime, mines a 4-2-1 not sure of the make bought it off here, looking forward to fitting it now after reading some comments in this thread, cant fit it at the weekend as our lass will wonder where ive got it from when the money was supposed to be saved for a holiday lol
Generation

18th Jul 10 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well cars with Tom on here now, he will b taking nextdoor the the garage so they can get up in air, to get under it, even right up on axels im face to face with it, and cant move/see anything really, so they can get on ramps
Generation

18th Jul 10 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might be due to having no gasket
djgritt
Premium Member

18th Jul 10 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No Gasket?!

Did you even intend to fit one? It'll never seal without something to take up the gap...
Generation

18th Jul 10 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, I did intend too haha. I didn't have one fitted before.I ordered all new studs and exhaust gasket, but was in such rush to get it to tom on saturday(and only ahd Friday to do it aswell as 474876 other things I had to stick it on without one.
I comepltly forgot about that until now haha, just email tom to tell the mechanic next door. :doyle:
8vcorsa

19th Jul 10 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i bought my mates 4branch off him he said it scrapes sometimes so he welded a plae to the under of the manifold to stop the manifold getting recked

New Poll