corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Bloody annoying

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bloody annoying
gidged500
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   10th Aug 10 at 17:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car battery keeps going flat :/ the battery looks ok the inspection hole is green so that means the battery is ok but what is it that's not charging the battery the alternator belt or alternator ? Help please
Robo C20Let

10th Aug 10 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

start the engine up and see if the alernator wheel is turning, if so then test the alternatior,

if its not its the belt
JaffaTB

10th Aug 10 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you have the wires on your stereo set so that you can have it on without the key in? mine used to go flat when i had mine like that, changed it so the key had to be in and all is well, only problem is my stereo forgets all my settings now
gidged500
Premium Member

10th Aug 10 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No I always take the head unit out as it does drain my battery the fan bit on the alternator is spinning so I'm guessing it's that :s are they hard to change ?
arizona ste

11th Aug 10 at 00:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you can get a hold of a multimeter you can test your alternator by knocking the car off and checking the battery should read around 12v start it up and it should read about 14 if not the alternators fucked and the belt wont stop it charge aslong as it there and turning it will be ok or if you cant get a multimeter turn everything electrical on in your car and start the engine so if the battery dies car should cut out
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
11th Aug 10 at 01:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the alternator isn't charging you'll generally get a dash light.

Ideally you need an ammeter in series with the battery to see if there's current draw while the engine is off. If so then pull each fuse in turn to see what is causing it, or disconnect anything which has been fitted aftermarket, ie. alarm/stereo/amps

New Poll