corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Dead Pixel on brand new phone (WildFire)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dead Pixel on brand new phone (WildFire)
Aaron

User status: Offline
17th Aug 10 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yo,

I took my brand new HTC Wildfire out the box today, and its got a dead pixel in the top right part of the screen. Most of the time, it can't be seen due to the background colour, however, when using an app thats white in that part of the screen (like the browser for example), it can be seen.

I know some companies can get funny about dead pixels, and i was wondering if anyone has any experience of dealing with this issue with a phone company. Anything i should or shouldn't say? (apart from the obvious "i've just bought this, and its got a problem...fix it please....now")

Cheers

Brett
Premium Member

17th Aug 10 at 17:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it back to where you got it, nothing more to it, it's a faulty item.
Aaron

17th Aug 10 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I called them up, and i have 7 days to get it back to them for a free replacement (they send a box out for me etc). First though, they asked if i'd like to take it into any t-mobile shop, and see if they can fix it (quite how they're going to do that i dont know)
Brett
Premium Member

17th Aug 10 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's a dead pixel I doubt they'll be fixing it in store. I assume they suggest going there because a lot of problems they get calls about are actually down to retarded users, however in your case it doesn't sound like that clearly.

When I was on Orange, I had a problem with my brand new N95. They just sent a replacement next day and the courier exchanged it on the spot.
Aaron

17th Aug 10 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking about it (after what you've just said), i might call them back and start the process of getting a replacement now...rather then waiting, as i'm going to end up doing it anyway.
Brett
Premium Member

17th Aug 10 at 18:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it a contract? I'd be on the phone telling them to switch it next day otherwise I'll just go elsewhere.
_Allan_

17th Aug 10 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I had two dead pixels on a Vodafone contract I just phoned them up and they said take it to the nearest store for a replacement.
Aaron

17th Aug 10 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorted, they're doing a straight swap via courier on Thursday (it would have been tomorrow if i'd called them sooner)

Sam
Premium Member

18th Aug 10 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The dead pixel rule (i.e. has to be "x" amount of dead pixels on a screen to be classed as faulty) only applies to LCD monitors, not phones.

New Poll