corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Advertising

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Advertising
mattk

User status: Offline
12th Oct 10 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need more advertising, currently advertising in the local paper every week, had one or 2 small jobs from it its broke even in the end, so I shal continue with that, should be getting the van sign wrote in a few weeks, what else can I do that will get me some work, my mate is a plasterer and said the yellow pages is £60 a month and is next to useless, he wont renew next time. I have had a ride round placing business cards in newsagents and so on

I need to get into contact with the local letting agents but Im not sure who is responsible for the maintence of their properties, is the agents them selfs or the owners of the houses that use the agents?

which do you think is the best way of contacting them, I get pissed off with cold calling as Im sure they do,

I have a publisher poster made with info about my services ect which I will post up a little later, Im thinking of either emailing it to them or posting them, but again Im not sure who is responsible for let property upkeep
AndyKent

12th Oct 10 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some landlords will do it directly to save costs, some will do it through agents - best to pop in and ask tbh.

I'm not a big fan of cold-calling, but if you sent me a leaftlet or business card in the post I would be likely to just bin it, whereas if you came in to see me and were a properly sound guy I'd want to use you.

Face to face will be better for sure.
Andrew

12th Oct 10 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Local paper and google is what i tend to look at when needing somehing.
mattk

12th Oct 10 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was hoping you would reply Andy, I know Ive made a thread about it not long ago but I couldnt find it :s

time to google and make a list of places to visit.
mattk

12th Oct 10 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
Local paper and google is what i tend to look at when needing somehing.

there really is too much competition in St. Helens, there is like 3 columns of plumbers in the local, compared to maybe half a column of sparks and a column of plasterers
Andrew

12th Oct 10 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah!! Yeah, we have the Echo here, usually a couple of of people selling the same services.

Are you registered in which to do gas checks? I need a couple of those doing around March.
Sam
Premium Member

12th Oct 10 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Flyers delivered to people's homes - pay someone minimum wage to go deliver them for you (or do it yourself if you're not busy).

Royal Mail also offer a service where the postie will deliver your flyers for you, not sure on price though.

I'd also put cards up on noticeboards of local supermarkets too.

If you've got a website, make sure it's on Google (including the local business search thing), and sites like yell.com (free), Hotfrog, Facebook etc.
Gary
Premium Member

12th Oct 10 at 15:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yell.com is free iirc.

They always ring us up and ask for any new details etc.

Also, try myhammer.co.uk/.com might get you some jobs and get your name out there a bit
Cavey

12th Oct 10 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt bother with the royal mail service, your flyer will more than likely get put into another one and people will probably never even see it, will be straight in the bin with the other crap we have to deliver
mattk

12th Oct 10 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Andrew, yes I can do your gas safety checks

Ive got 2000 business cards here, gonna go for a walk tonight posting them
Gary
Premium Member

12th Oct 10 at 15:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get 2000 flyers made up and pay someone to deliver them.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&oe=&redir_esc=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Flyer+distribution+St.+Helens&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=Flyer+distribution&hnear=St+Helens&view=text&ei=xoC0TKyBPcHf4waT992gDQ&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=more-results&resnum=1&ved=0CDMQtQMwAA

And definatly try MyHammer

[Edited on 12-10-2010 by glb]
AndyKent

12th Oct 10 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not convinced leaflets in the post or business cards will get you a lot of business tbh. It's the sort of thing people keep on one side but hardly ever ring the numbers. That said, business cards are cheap as fuck so it's whether you mind spending the time going door to door.
Andrew

12th Oct 10 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
Andrew, yes I can do your gas safety checks

Niceone, will be in touch
SAL
Premium Member

13th Oct 10 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv had alot of new jobs come in this year through just putting my buisness cards in the right places.

Also I used Rated once, on a pals account. They said there budget was £100 to remove a compost heap, I bidded and won. Later that day I veiwed the job and quoted £200, done the job later that week and since removed a few small tree's for the same money

So a £4.50 bid made me £400, worked out good

You should get your flyers up in places like plumming outlets, wicks, or B&Q ? I was offered a slot in homebase in 3 local stores quite cheap recently, I no tesco larger stores have the dispensers too.

New Poll