corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Internet Problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Internet Problem
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Nov 10 at 15:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, I keep getting this problem and haven't got a clue how to sort it, sometimes it will be a cunt to use the internet...nothing loads first time, I get this error message when a page refuses to load, online games wont work properly and then sometimes I'll have no issues. For example, I've been trying to upload a pic to Tinypic and I get the same message. Yesterday it was fine, no issues what so ever. I cant upload pics to FB either as it times out, cant play BF online because it wont connect to the EA server to retrieve my profile stats.

I'm seriously about to take a hammer to the router

It's a Netgear DG834G and I'm on Vista, using Opera.

I have these installed

Ad-Aware
Spybot S+D
CCleaner

Here is the message I get

quote:

Connection closed by remote server

You tried to access the address http://s7.tinypic.com/upload.php, which is currently unavailable.

Please make sure that the web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.

Make sure your Internet connection is active and check whether other applications that rely on the same connection are working.

Check that the setup of any Internet security software is correct and does not interfere with ordinary web browsing.
If you are behind a firewall on a Local Area Network and think this may be causing problems, talk to your systems administrator.

Try pressing the F12 key on your keyboard and disabling proxy servers, unless you know that you are required to use a proxy to connect to the Internet. Reload the page.

I've checked the recomendation above, still no joy. Can anyone shed any light on it before I go fucking beserk and start throwing coins at pensioners.

[Edited on 28-11-2010 by DannyB]
DannyB
Premium Member

28th Nov 10 at 15:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another frequent problem

quote:

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Ste M

28th Nov 10 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you tried upgrading the router's firmware? Or is it already up-to-date?
DannyB
Premium Member

28th Nov 10 at 16:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried looking but cant find any reliable links anywhere, if anyone can link me to it that would be great, I havent updated it in a while I dont think.
Ste M

28th Nov 10 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about this? http://kb.netgear.com/app/products/family/a_id/1288
DannyB
Premium Member

28th Nov 10 at 16:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done, still the same, I'll restart the router in a minute and try it then, it rebooted it after the upgrade though.
pow
Premium Member

28th Nov 10 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DNS servers?

Can you manually set DNS on the router? If so, switch to googles for a few days (and I mean a few days, takes time for DNS records on individual devices to update).
DannyB
Premium Member

28th Nov 10 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That went way over my head pow not clued up on things like this, although I do remember it said something like ' can not connect to DNS server' or something, it's literally too kme 20 attempts to reply to this thread
Dom

28th Nov 10 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
That went way over my head pow not clued up on things like this, although I do remember it said something like ' can not connect to DNS server' or something, it's literally too kme 20 attempts to reply to this thread

Somewhere in the routers config, usually under Basic Setup on netgears, there will be the option to manually enter DNS (Domain Name Server Address) servers. Set the primary to 8.8.8.8 and the secondary to 8.8.4.4
Then restart you router (and modem if need be).
DannyB
Premium Member

28th Nov 10 at 23:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok I'll try it tomorrow cheers Dom, it's been fucked all day today
Dom

29th Nov 10 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd also check you ISPs status page and see if there are any faults in the area. Obviously if it continues then i'd phone up tech support and get them to hunt the issue down
DannyB
Premium Member

29th Nov 10 at 08:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done what you said Dom and browsing seems to be alot better and I'm not getting that error message, still cant upload pics or play online for some reason will ring them up later I think.
DannyB
Premium Member

29th Nov 10 at 12:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Problem cured itself after being on hold for 15 mins then some rag headed twat sat in his mums basement in nigeria telling me to ping my IP, hey presto we have working internet again

New Poll