corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Any School techies here? (POW etc...)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any School techies here? (POW etc...)
Planty02

User status: Offline
4th Feb 11 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Evening guys,

Has anyone here ever worked with promethean's active inspire? I'm trying to install v1.4 atm on server 2k3 enterprise edition. 32bit.

When I install the software, in the add/remove programs dialog I'm getting big black bars in the middle of the list. Never seen anything liek this before and was wondering if anyone had seen this before.

The problem clears up as soon as I uninstall the software....

link to a similar issue: http://www.prometheanplanet.ru/forum/showthread.php?p=63021

Cheers
pow
Premium Member

4th Feb 11 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is weird. Ill have a look on Monday if nothing comes up. Ran an sfc and a chkdsk on the server?
Planty02

4th Feb 11 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't tbh. Its a virtual Machine so minimal risk of bad blocks etc. Will run the checks anyway when I get chance in case of file corruption but if this was the case it seems odd that uninstalling AI fixes the problem

I'll try it on a different server adn go from there. If it continues I might get in touch with promethean support to see if theres a known fix/update.

I'm not sure if installing it on Server is supporting though as it generally for workstations but this is a citrix image i'm building up where staff want to develop resources in the software.

/essay
pow
Premium Member

4th Feb 11 at 23:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Urgh, Citrix :shudder:

A virtual machine can still fuck itself, but deffo do an SFC on it, I've been errors like this on computers that had dodgy system files.
Planty02

5th Feb 11 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tried the disk check etc to no avail.

Next I identified the reg key for it in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall and deleted it. It fixed the problem and the MSI it originally installed from now displays correctly in ARP (although I can't find any trace of it in the registry )......anyway, HAPPY DAYS!!

Cheers Dave
Matt L

7th Feb 11 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should of just turned it off and on tbf, rookie mistake .

ps
Planty02

7th Feb 11 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heyyyyyyy

Tried that first...obviously

New Poll