corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fitting Bucket Seat

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fitting Bucket Seat
Gsi_Ire

User status: Offline
19th Mar 11 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Folks,

I have my stupid question of the day....

I am fitting a Corbeau Pro Series racing seat to my GSi for the track day next week, first time fitting one of these and I have a few questions.

The seat I bought is very similar to this :

The seat already has 2 holes drilled either side, I assume for side mounted seat rails.
If I decide to buy a set of these do they bolt direct to the floor of the car?
Do they normally use existing hole or do I need to drill new ones?

I can also get my hands on a subframe off an old seat, I assume I would need to drill new holes in the bottom of the seat to bolt the seat to the subframe?

Whats the benefit of one over the other? How much lower would it be using the seat rails?

Sorry for the stupid questions, never really gave it much thought until today!
alan-g-w

User status: Offline
19th Mar 11 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not sure mate but mine's got 4 bits of angle iron, one on each corner, with holes drilled in them. That bolts directly to the standard subframe so that you can still wind te seat up and down and move it back and forward.

Only disadvantage of that is that the seat sits a bit high - doesn't bother me though. I think that if you use the side mounts you can't put the seat back and forwards by the way.

New Poll