corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Tigra 1.4 16v, running rough, now won't start. Suggestions

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tigra 1.4 16v, running rough, now won't start. Suggestions
johnhara1

User status: Offline
5th Apr 11 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Friend of mine has a 1.4 16v Tigra.

I've never seen it run but it was running very rough and struggled to nudge 50mph at full throttle, now it wont start at all just turns over and sometimes sounds like it wants to fire but not whole heartedly. It wont bump start either. We have spark and fuel, eml is not flashing so immobiliser ruled out (possibly) BUT........he says when doing the paper clip test it wont allow him to flash any codes, it just stops the eml all together when the pins are bridged.

He has removed the CAT in-case it was blocked.
Changed spark plugs.
Timing checked and it's perfect.
New crank sensor even though we have spark.
There are no air leaks that he could find.
He has a brand new egr valve to fit but the current one looks new!

I'm a bit suspect about the ECU not allowing codes to be flashed but also suggested head gasket and asked him to do a compression test.

Other suggestions would be much appreciated.
Cheers

mattievRS

6th Apr 11 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you say the timing is spot on but what about the crank pulley? Has this slipped on the woodruff key at all?
johnhara1

6th Apr 11 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't looked myself, he had a mechanic friend check it and he said it was fine but it's a possibility so i'll get him to check again.

New Poll