corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » still no joy

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author still no joy
ccfckev

User status: Offline
   12th Apr 11 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i posted back n feb that i had a problem with my corsa 1.5td L reg with the starting problem iv replaced the starter motor battery earth leads check fly wheel teeth and still on occasion it will single click from the starter motor and i will have to rock the car in gear to get it to start plz help me as im getting stresed out with it

i found out that there was a old clifford alarm on the car and the block got a auto electriction to remove it could this be my problem ??????

also do u think if i put another live from the battery to the starter would this work or even a push button start work

also is there a relay that i could be missing somewhere that could be at fault

plz help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

thanks for your time
Ellis

13th Apr 11 at 07:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So as if I understand correctly, the starter is getting jammed on the flywheel ring gear?

I would remove the starter and have a look at the pinion and also the ring gear teeth for wear. Had this problem on the bigger diesels at work.
ccfckev

13th Apr 11 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the reply ive checked both of these and they both look fine the fly wheel is a little worn but nothing to make it jam

New Poll