corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Best place to buy piston rings from?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Best place to buy piston rings from?
mar_cus

User status: Offline
10th Jul 11 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys,

I need some new piston rings for a c16xe because the ones i have now, the end gap is too big and they can't get anything any different.

I think i have seen people post they got them from eBay, but not to sure whether to trust it or not? Anyone know a place or website? I tried Vauxhall but they want around £175ish, and I don't want to spend that kind of money if i don't have to just to get the right rings!

Any help will be appreciated,

Thanks
shaunmods
Premium Member

10th Jul 11 at 17:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has the blocked been over bored?
mar_cus

10th Jul 11 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
Has the blocked been over bored?

No buddy, its standard, btw - i swear you were selling an over bored bottom end?
shaunmods
Premium Member

10th Jul 11 at 17:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No wasn't me mate. What size gap are we talking here?
mar_cus

10th Jul 11 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
No wasn't me mate. What size gap are we talking here?

What gap do i need? or what gap do i measure?

I'm measuring 0.6 and 0.9 on compression rings in cylinders 1 and 2

and i need 0.5 max

I've been through all the bother in a different post and couple of months ago, just had my exams at uni so not been able to touch my car, so time to get back on it! I just don't want to pay vx prices if I don't have to

Ps - the rings which are too big measure the same in all the cylinders and the 2 rings which are fine measure the same in all the cylinders, so i take it that's a good enough indication the bores are fine
shaunmods
Premium Member

10th Jul 11 at 18:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds to me that if a standard size ring is too small giving a bigger gap the bores are worn then if you've not had them bored out or honed.

[Edited on 10-07-2011 by shaunmods]
mar_cus

10th Jul 11 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Sounds to me that if a standard size ring is too small giving a bigger gap the bores are worn then if you've not had them bored out or honed.

[Edited on 10-07-2011 by shaunmods]

Well i don't have standard rings, i have aftermarket rings which i bought for my rebuild and they measured wrong mate, i need some standard rings. I don't really fancy using the rings i took off the piston which are 16 years old lol!
philip2

11th Jul 11 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im pretty sure I can supply mahle, ks or terrabusa ring sets, iirc bout 65set, but if drop a txt I can get a price 2mz. 07807 040522
mar_cus

12th Jul 11 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by philip2
Im pretty sure I can supply mahle, ks or terrabusa ring sets, iirc bout 65set, but if drop a txt I can get a price 2mz. 07807 040522

Cheers bud

New Poll