corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cars and Coffee v.7.16 *Racing Greats edition*

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cars and Coffee v.7.16 *Racing Greats edition*
SVT2888

User status: Offline
18th Jul 11 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carmageddon never materialized and it was a good thing as I was easily able to get to Irvine with very few cars on the road since everyone got frightened into staying in thanks to our media which always blows everything way out of proportion. It was a good thing too since I worked Friday night and was not only intending to attend Cars and Coffee, but was also going to attend a taping of Top Gear US.

Even with the days overcast skies, two distinct cars formerly driven by racing greats where in attendance at this weekends overcast Cars and Coffee. The cars where a B Production championship winning Shelby GT350R driven by Mexican racing legend Pedro Rodriguez, and Michael Schumacher's F2001 which he piloted at the
2001 Italian GP.

[QUOTE]The F1 car was Dr. Tony Nobles' and it is part of the Corse Clienti program that the factory offers. The car is the 2001 Monza car that was raced by world champion Michael Schumacher right after the tragedy of 9/11. Tony has run it on many of the world's most famous tracks and is next headed to Belgium to see if he has the cajones to go flat through Eau Rouge at Spa. After recently becoming just the fifth person to do that same feat at Paul Ricard's similarly laid out section, I'm guessing it won't be a problem for the Doc.[/QUOTE]

We were truly all blessed to be surrounded by such greats. I thank Tom Shaughnessy and Tony Noble for bringing these out for the public to enjoy.

Oh, and also Max did his first attempt at filming some stuff at Cars and Coffee with his point n'shoot so visit the site to view those videos.

Now here are this weekend's picks of the pics:

For more pictures and free backgrounds please go to CNCpics.com

Join us on Facebook at Facebook.com/cncpics

Thanks,

-Leo

Douche of the day! *the owner of the Mystic Cobra in the background*

He peeled out and got his car sideways when leaving the show parking lot. He could have easily lost control and 'caused an accident which would have the show shut down. He is a regular at the show and knows the rules well. There is no excuse for his actions.

Source for info:My friend's Frank Filipponio site
Steve
Premium Member

18th Jul 11 at 08:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why were people scared to go out?
SVT2888

18th Jul 11 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
why were people scared to go out?

They closed down a 10 mile section of one of the major freeways which is consistently ranked as one of the most congested in the world.
Steve
Premium Member

18th Jul 11 at 09:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how come
SVT2888

18th Jul 11 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
how come

Major road construction. The media made a big fuss about it. So everyone was scared to go out. It was great because the drive back home from where the Top Gear US studio is located, on a Sat afternoon, would have taken me over an hour easily and I made it in 30 mins.

There where even times when I was what seemed like the only car on the highway which is EXTREMELY rare in So Cal.
Jambo

18th Jul 11 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To do repairs to a bridge IIRC.
Steve
Premium Member

18th Jul 11 at 09:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVT2888
consistently ranked as one of the most congested in the world.

have they seen the M25

nice pics anyway
--ToM--

18th Jul 11 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking at thes threads makes me think everytime how the v8 engine is the best engine ever built FACT i need an american car

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cars and Coffee v.7.16 *Racing Greats edition* 22 database queries in 0.0171170 seconds