corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Grooved discs and decent pads

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Grooved discs and decent pads
Edges 58

User status: Offline
27th Aug 11 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just fitted some 256mm brakes and want to fit some grooved discs and a good set of pads.. Thing is I don't know where the best place is to get them or what pads are the best for fast road and occasional track use.

What do people reccomend?

Thanks
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

27th Aug 11 at 12:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pads wise most people will say Ferodo DS2500s or Mintex 1144s.

I've never used the Mintex so can't comment on them but my Ferodos do a good job of slowing me down. Discs wise I've only ever used standards, they're upto the job and generally cheaper than aftermarket ones so I've seen no reason to deviate from them.
Edges 58

27th Aug 11 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the info, Where can I get buy the ferodo ones from? Best place/cheapest price? To be fair I want the grooves because it looks cool as fook I think plus they do a job don't they
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

27th Aug 11 at 13:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought mine from Demon Tweeks, they weren't the cheapest but from what I remember, the few sets I saw when I was searching all seemed to be between £105 and £115. Tweeks where at the higher end but I could pick them up so the job was done before any other company could've got them to me.

The discs, from what I've just read, apparently clean up the surface of the pad and allow gasses to escape from the face of the pad more effectively. How that actually translates into real world performance, I'm not sure.
Edges 58

27th Aug 11 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've heard they reduce brake fade at the cost of wearing out a little quicker.. Over £100 for brake pads seems a bit dear to be fair

New Poll