corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Iphone/Ipad home control systems?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Iphone/Ipad home control systems?
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Oct 11 at 14:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im sure there was a thread about this before, but couldnt find it.

As we both now have decent iphones, and are looking to get an ipad. Id like to make some use out of them for around the home.

I am also in the process of decorating the whole house over the next year or so, which will involve replacing all plugs/switches etc.

So if its not that costly, id consider paying abit more so i can be a flash bast

We are also thinking of getting a wifi camera, so that we can watch the little on in his room via our iphone, plus while im at work, and hes learning new things, the missus can show me really easily.

Whats on offer now? Is it any good? Worth while doing as im changing them all anyway etc?? What do i actually need??

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Munchie

18th Oct 11 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good question

I can only help with TVs/Amps side of things to interface with iphones or ipads.....

I have just bought a CCTV system though that can be accessed through iphone etc.
Dan
Premium Member

18th Oct 11 at 14:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What did u get munchie?

Munchie

18th Oct 11 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180729882715?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Prob a bit too advanced for what you want it for though....I bought an extra mic for £25 as well (To go in a shop)
Dan
Premium Member

18th Oct 11 at 15:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, alot more than i was thinking lol.

I was looking at this camera... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TENVIS-Wireless-Security-IP-Camera-WiFi-Internet-Webcam-/280739288341?pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item415d5d9515

Also, i seem to remember x10 being the system of choice for most? Seems fairly cheap at arolund 15-20 per light fitting and socket etc. It just all looks so shit :/ was hoping they did things like chrome wall switches, which included everything within it.

John

18th Oct 11 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anything that can be done over wifi is normally expensive. This should get more common fairly quickly now though and bring the prices down.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

18th Oct 11 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use FaceTime to see little one while at work?!

Home automation can be expensive, or the control side of it is, cabling is just CAT5e, then can connect that to light switches, sockets etc to control over the network.

Boss is currently building a new house / mansion and cabling for every possibility, I'm running CAT5e from loft to each room as I decorate so if I choose to add things at a later date should be easy enough.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car

New Poll