corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » laptop crashing and a blue screen comes up ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author laptop crashing and a blue screen comes up ?
edd1.0

User status: Offline
5th Dec 11 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my laptop keeps crashing with a blue screen coming up saying memory error preparing for crash dump

tried restoring my computer to before it happened and also done a memory check and norton scans

any ideas how to stop it ?

thanks
Sam
Premium Member

5th Dec 11 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go here - http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

Download and burn ISO to a CD, then boot up your laptop using said CD... Run the Memtest86+ program.

If it freezes or reports errors, one or more of your RAM modules is failing and needs replacing.
Marc

5th Dec 11 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had HDD failure recently and the above wouldn't work. Not saying yours has!
edd1.0

5th Dec 11 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for your help , my laptop hasnt crashed today and has been on for a good few hours , im hoping updating some software has done it but if it crashes again i will do the above

thanks
edd1.0

5th Dec 11 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cursed myself laptops just crashed again , its under warrenty still but ive got programmes for downloading music etc on and some pirated software , will they be able to find out if i unistall before i need to get it fixed ?
Sam
Premium Member

5th Dec 11 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, unless you securely wipe any free space after you've installed the software.

Not quite sure how successful you would be at doing any of this anyway considering it blue screens on you.
edd1.0

5th Dec 11 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its crashed for the second time in about 40min , both whilst ive been watching iplayer on a my tv hooked up with a monitor cable ive unplugged everything from my laptop so im going to see if that stops it .
Dom

6th Dec 11 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup, sounds like memory failure. Run Memtest (good 12hrs+) and see where it gets you. Failing that, buy/borrow a HDD caddy (probably need a SATA drive caddy) and get removing anything dodgy and backup anything you need; then get it repaired.

New Poll