corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Emailing businesses

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Emailing businesses
jibjob

User status: Offline
25th Jan 12 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know this should really be in Geek Day but theres a bit more traffic in here.

The thing I want to know is:
A while ago a lot of businesses had hotmail addresses filtered to remove spam, is this still the case?

It's just i'm applying for a lot of jobs at the minute and seem to be getting very little in the way of feedback. Now I know that with the amount of people applying for jobs most companies don't reply unless you're successful but I could do with giving myself every chance and if hotmail emails are still filtered then i'll set up another email.
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Jan 12 at 01:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is email the best approach?

Particularly if it looks like you're doing a batch at a time.
jibjob

25th Jan 12 at 01:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They aren't batch emails they're all tailored to each individual application with individual cover letters and CV details.

Email is, a lotof the time, the only way to apply as contact numbers and addresses are rarely given out due to email just being easier to process.
Sam
Premium Member

25th Jan 12 at 06:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm always getting speculative job emails, I just delete them and never bother replying TBH.

Why?

Well one reason is I don't have any jobs to offer people at the moment, but the other (and if I'm honest main reason) is people's lack of spelling and grammar pisses me off - that and the fact that their emails are a blatant copy and paste job.

If you can't be bothered finding out exactly what my company does and sending me an individual email, then I can't be bothered replying.

Just yesterday in fact I had some joker email me their CV on a PNG file (which most email software normally blocks by default unless you add the person to your safe sender list) full of spelling and grammar mistakes, and The First Letter Of Every Word In His CV And Email Is Capitalised For Some Reason.
Hammer

25th Jan 12 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd always phone, were applicable.
ed

25th Jan 12 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't send a job application from a Hotmail address. You'll look like a n00b - for some reason GMail is more socially acceptable
jrsteeve

25th Jan 12 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
I'm always getting speculative job emails, I just delete them and never bother replying TBH.

Why?

Well one reason is I don't have any jobs to offer people at the moment, but the other (and if I'm honest main reason) is people's lack of spelling and grammar pisses me off - that and the fact that their emails are a blatant copy and paste job.

If you can't be bothered finding out exactly what my company does and sending me an individual email, then I can't be bothered replying.

Just yesterday in fact I had some joker email me their CV on a PNG file (which most email software normally blocks by default unless you add the person to your safe sender list) full of spelling and grammar mistakes, and The First Letter Of Every Word In His CV And Email Is Capitalised For Some Reason.

Same here. Not recruiting and won't be for a fair while so have no need for applications nor the time to reply to them all with a polite put down.
jibjob

25th Jan 12 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for all the help chaps I'll set up another email and try again!

New Poll