corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » screenwash on A/C models to non A/C

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author screenwash on A/C models to non A/C
Jed D

User status: Offline
4th Feb 12 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi
whats involved in putting a screen wash bottle from a non a/c in a a/c model. my car did have a/c but its been removed, however im guessing its not fully removed seen as the bracket was stil on the chassis leg half a job harry must of removed it (i dont know who)

is there something big that NEEDS to be removed under the pre-scuttle plastic bit? obviously it'll need to be cut id imagine but id just like to know the facts, anyone done this or knows this job that can help, it'd be great

thanks
Jed D

5th Feb 12 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

??
XE Col
Premium Member

5th Feb 12 at 15:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just have a look and offer it up will be best way pal
Jed D

5th Feb 12 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats the plan xe col but just wanted to check if anyone had any knowledge on this first
davieslim

6th Feb 12 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will need a mount as most of the panels missing on the aircon model compared to the no aircon model

with the aircon removed the panel looks like this
Jed D

6th Feb 12 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers davieslim
so apart from needing a mount (which shouldn't be a problem) why didnt they leave it up there on A/C models? thought there would of been more to it
davieslim

6th Feb 12 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not there on aircon models as theres no where for it to go, even if you make a mount you will need to at least weld up the holes or end up with a car full of rainwater when its rains

in that picture the biggest hole on the left of the picture is where the standard airbox would be and the hole on the far is where the bottle would sit so gonna need to weld up the middle hole and the hole on the right before the bottle can go in

[Edited on 06-02-2012 by davieslim]
Jed D

6th Feb 12 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok cheers mate, so what will be there at the mo? guessing it hasn't been removed fully
davieslim

6th Feb 12 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

prob still have the aircon airbox in which will cover all of that above, id leave the bottle where it is, i never removed the lot when i xe'd my sport which had aircon and had no issues
Jed D

6th Feb 12 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye. its just i need a new bottle anyway as the current one at the front has a hole in the side somehow and thought if im getting a new one why not chuck it up there to tidy up a bit more

[Edited on 06-02-2012 by Jed D]

New Poll